- 1. IT031 Golpe de Estado - Secreto (Magda's Vulture Mix) 6.17 8050 plays
- 2. IT029 Marc Houle - Fusion Pop (Magda's Lost In Mezcal Mix) 6.00 17872 plays
- 3. FREE TRACK Marc Houle - Hitcherman (Magda Hitcher Woman Remix) 6.48 64020 plays
- 4. KTDJ0018 Chloe - Distant (Magda Remix) 6.16 27431 plays
- 5. FOUND05 Ben Parris - Glotsback (Magda Remix) 6.16 25613 plays
- 6. MINUS48 Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda Where's My Baby's Daddy Mix) 6.24 74004 plays
- 1. 2012-06 Magda - Live recording for Planet Radio (DJ Set) 1.08.27 58423 plays
- 2. 2012-03 Magda - Live @ Ultra Music Festival Miami (DJ Set) 1.34.51 66701 plays
- 3. 2011-10 Magda - TRAX149 Podcast (DJ Set) 27.58 43381 plays
- 4. 2011-08 Magda - XLR8R Podcast (DJ Set) 1.10.24 31182 plays
- 5. 2010-12 Magda & Marc Houle - Resident Advisor Exchange RA.EX010 1.04.33 12613 plays
- 6. 2010-07 Magda - Resident Advisor Podcast RA.215 podcast 1.04.03 19809 plays
- 7. 2010-02 Magda - Radio Mix for Fabric 49 (DJ set) 31.56 80466 plays
- 8. 2008-10 Magda - Electronic Beats Podcast (DJ Set) 58.18 16405 plays
- 9. 2006-09 Magda - She's A Dancing Machine (Full Mix) 1.18.20 190102 plays
Magda's Upcoming Gigs
Thursday 17 April, 2014
Solar East: Trinity, Inter Expo Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Friday 18 April, 2014
Reperkusound Festival, Lyon, France
Saturday 19 April, 2014
Blank Utopia, Aeroport Du Bouget, Paris, France
Sunday 20 April, 2014
20 Years Of Fusion, Old Casino, Brussels, Belgium
Thursday 24 April, 2014
Apex Tour with Magda & James Holden, The Hoxton, Toronto, Canada
Friday 25 April, 2014
Apex Tour with Magda, Maya Jane Coles and James Holden, Stereo, Montreal, Canada
Saturday 26 April, 2014
Apex Tour with Magda and Maya Jane Coles , The Gothic Theater, Englewood, United States
See the full listing here
Powered by GigaTools
Items & Things
Magda is an artist who can never be pinned down, no matter the timeframe or time signature. Any one of the Detroit-raised artist's DJ sets or productions breeds a rare feel of mystique and discovery. "I'm really obsessed with finding a line between things - between sounds and between genres. My influences come from a life spent in very different environments, which plays a huge role in the way I connect with music."
Dramatic sounds and eccentric basslines carry her multilayered sound, which veers everywhere from funked-out space disco to the intricately-programmed, metallic feel of Detroit to stripped down techno, all the way to Italian horror film soundtracks. The only thing that remains consistent is the element of surprise.
Her accidental entry into Detroit's underground party scene as a teenager was the kick-start she needed for a lifelong love affair. Soon all became a blur of "cities, record stores, and parties." In 1998, she joined Minus and began touring the world as Richie Hawtin's sole opener. From there, her distinctive sound began to develop and the rest is history.
Stylistically, Magda grooves through opposition - creating sets that are emotion-led yet clinical, having profound expertise with analog and digital technology. Her sound is otherworldly but visceral; dark with a warm sense of beauty and grace; sparse yet wondrously full-bodied with density and bass-swathed extremes. Magda's DJing style has been encapsulated on her mixed CDs 'She's A Dancing Machine,' and her mix for London club Fabric 'Fabric 49' (a mix CD with as much artistry and vision as an original album).
In the fall of 2010, Magda revealed her debut, 'From The Fallen Page,' a darkly- tinged, transportive album that curiously combines natural, organic sounds, and modern electronic grace. Similar to her unpredictable DJ sets, 'From The Fallen Page' took listeners from one end of the spectrum to the other, treading the fine lines of extremities along the way.
These days Magda isn't home very often. In-between touring, she's fully focused on her recently resurrected label 'Items & Things.' The label's vision always pinpoints the off-kilter and the uncommon, seeking out new artists and sounds that push boundaries. "Items and things are bits and pieces of uniqueness we come across. The label is a platform to launch the music that we love. There are no rules, just sounds we like and artists we believe in."
Items & Things releases and merchandise now available at http://itemsandthings.spinshop.com
Connect with Magda:
CAB Clonk Artist Booking GmbH
Katrin Schlotfeldt | General Manager
Phone: +49 30 40 50 40 347
General Contact: Items & Things