- 1. 01 Big Deal 3.10 604 plays
- 2. 03 Mic Check 2.21 255 plays
- 3. 04 Creepin' (feat. T16 & Che Lingo) 4.14 281 plays
- 4. 05 Smile (Interlude) (feat. Leon Jacques) 1.40 356 plays
- 5. 06 Hazel Eyes (feat. Angel) 3.34 914 plays
- 6. 07 ADHD 3.30 289 plays
- 7. 09 Sunshine (feat. Jill Scott) 3.48 244 plays
- 8. 10 Farewell 2.40 182 plays
- 9. 11 Show For You (feat. Aziza Jones) [Bonus Track] 2.37 197 plays
- 1. 01 One Hope (feat. Candy Rayne) by LifeLinesMusic 2.14 211 plays
- Download track Go to track 02 Do Ya (feat. SWV)2. 02 Do Ya (feat. SWV) by LifeLinesMusic 1.48 257 plays
- 3. 03 Condition (feat. Etta Bond) by LifeLinesMusic 3.10 345 plays
- 4. 04 Mrs. Officer by LifeLinesMusic 3.10 260 plays
- 5. 05 Caught Up (feat. Shakka) by LifeLinesMusic 3.52 170 plays
- 6. 06 You Know (feat. Cappuccino) by LifeLinesMusic 3.25 91 plays
- 7. 07 Got a Feeling (feat. Che Lingo) by LifeLinesMusic 2.45 107 plays
- 8. 08 Cockiness by LifeLinesMusic 3.12 210 plays
- 9. 09 Workin' by LifeLinesMusic 3.05 135 plays
- 10. 10 How You Feel by LifeLinesMusic 2.25 88 plays
- 11. 11 Act Like You Know by LifeLinesMusic 2.25 114 plays
- 12. 12 Go To Your Head (feat. Stacy Peach) by LifeLinesMusic 2.05 168 plays
- 13. 14 Pussy On Toast (feat. Curious) by LifeLinesMusic 3.50 262 plays
- 14. Slum Village – Look of Love (Addict Merchants Remix) by BamaLoveSoul 3.42 3262 plays
- 1. One Love by LifeLinesMusic 1.40 658 plays
- 2. Flavour by LifeLinesMusic 2.39 697 plays
- Download track Go to track Love's Crazy (feat. Angel)3. Love's Crazy (feat. Angel) by LifeLinesMusic 3.40 509 plays
- 4. I'm Ill (feat. Mercer) by LifeLinesMusic 1.45 325 plays
- 5. Three Waves (feat. H2O & Luc Skyz) by LifeLinesMusic 3.18 260 plays
- 6. LAKIM - Glossy (10k. Thank YOU.) by LAKIM 3.30 12575 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Lawei Baffour, better known as LifeLines is the latest Rapper/Producer extraordinaire to rise from the West London music scene. The talented 21 year old was brought up on a musical education of the legendary Berry Gordy, The Commodores and Aretha Franklin courtesy of his Mum's extensive vinyl collection.
LifeLines began producing at an incredibly early age, so early in fact he didn't have any access to conventional production software but instead simply a computer with a recording device. As a youngster LifeLines would steal his Mum's vinyl records on the sly, play them in his room and hold the recorders mic close by in order to capture the music from the classics of yesteryear which he would then chop up in his computer, sample and make his own tracks from.
These days of early production gave way to LifeLines love for poetry which had been ignited by his mothers yearly trips to the legendary poet Maya Angelou's thanksgiving functions in the US. Here LifeLines would regularly speak with the likes of Quincy Jones and Oprah Winfrey, not realizing the influence the heavyweights of the entertainment industry held as they were part of an audience that gave his performance of a poetry a standing ovation one year.
While LifeLines' poetry was proving a huge hit with all, he began practicing religiously for the next three years, revisiting his old production files to practice rhyming to time signatures that got progressively faster and faster. The coming together of LifeLines rhyming and producing coupled with the influence of US Hip Hop artists like Common, Talib Kweli, Nas, Mos Def and Lupe Fiasco, who he took inspiration from to start the imagery-filled deep lyrics and intricate wordplay LifeLines delivers over hard hitting soulful beats today.
Becoming a qualified engineer at his Ladbroke Grove studio in 2006 has allowed LifeLines to focus solely on his music for the last 5 years, honing his craft and getting stronger every day but it was after linking up with music producer, Progression, from the Parallel team to work on 5 tracks together that LifeLines really felt confident he could be a success within the music industry. It was through Progression that LifeLines met Island-signed recording artist Angel who went mad for his Anita Baker sampled track "Love's Crazy". The monster of a track ultimately saw the two West London artists coming together to rap and sing about just exactly what their explicit techniques with the fairer sex involved and was supported by Radio 1Extra DJ's who span it on their shows and created a lot of noise on the urban circuit. While the sample couldn't be cleared in time for Angel's Island-released mixtape the track appeared on LifeLines EP 'One Love' as the lead single to the first in his trilogy of EP's. With the new EP 'One Hope' available to download now being followed by the final installment in the trilogy 'One Faith' before the mixtape and album follow hot on the heels of one another in 2012, LifeLines is giving you an incredible amount of new music to wrap your ears around.