- 1. Out of Time Remix mixdown6 3.43 37 plays
- 2. Over The Garden Wall remix 1.25 16 plays
- 3. One Up On You Remix mixdown3 3.30 37 plays
- 4. Show Me Something Remix mixdown 3.54 105 plays
- 5. Dinner Date Remix mixdown8 9.19 59 plays
- 6. I'm Gone Again Remix mixdown5 4.02 21 plays
- 7. She's Like The Weather Remix mixdown3 7.28 27 plays
- 8. Lady In The Field Remix mixdown4 2.30 32 plays
- 9. No One In The World remix mixdown4 5.30 81 plays 127.9 BPM
- 10. The Incurable Romantic Remix mixdown 4.52 43 plays
- 11. All This Time (Nothing More) Remix mixdown 4.35 48 plays
- 12. Back Over The Garden Wall remix 1.54 19 plays
- 13. The Morning Dew Remix mixdown01 2.22 21 plays
- 14. On My Mind Remix mixdown02 3.29 10 plays
- 15. On The Furthest Shores Remix mixdown03 8.57 13 plays
- 16. Old Man Saturn Remix mixdown3 8.00 23 plays
- 17. Last Call Remix mixdown2 2.30 15 plays
- 18. Here It Comes Again Remix mixdown3 3.25 31 plays
- 1. The Dark Age Remix mixdown04 3.37 31 plays
- 2. Kharmic Wheel Remix mixdown03 4.51 21 plays
- 3. I Want Someone Close To Me Remix mixdown02 4.37 45 plays
- 4. Time Passes By Remix mixdown05 2.26 21 plays
- 5. Keep On Going Remix2 mixdown01 4.07 19 plays
- 6. You're Right Remix mixdown4 2.22 19 plays 139.7 BPM
- 7. The Dream Falls Remix mixdown03 1.57 17 plays
- 8. Going Through The Motions Remix mixdown04 3.19 13 plays
- 9. Waiting Remix mixdown02 4.51 30 plays
- 10. The Way You Look Tonight (cover) 2.31 27 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
- Etcetera Thesis' Bandcamp page.
- Philo's Thesis 1993-1998
- Etcetera 1993-1998
- Etcetera Thesis 2013
- Etcetera Thesis' Steep Inclinations album
A lifetime ago, three flunked Canadian art college students decided to take up playing music together. Grand manifestos were drawn up and forgotten, fourth members were auditioned and let go of, and much music was jammed, composed, shaped and rehearsed, all with the plan of performing entire albums of original music as set lists, with the occasional classic rock album set list thrown in for fun. This dream never came to pass, despite a number of attempts over the years to realize it. But we made some recordings of original music that I'm still pretty proud of, warts and all.
Etcetera were Derrick Rose (1993-1998, 2006; drums, vox), David Bedard (1993-1998; bass, vox), Gary Falkins (1994-1998, 2006; guitar,vox), Dori Downie (1993-1994; keys) and myself (1993-1998, 2006; vox, keys, guitars, bass, drum programming) recorded several albums' worth of demos over a five year period under far less than ideal circumstances.
Truthfully, most of the old recordings are pretty rough, but as I am still making music, and am the band's self-appointed curator, I've been keeping the dream alive in one fashion or another. What you will hear in this collection is demo music old and new. The old stuff was mostly recorded on a Fostex X-18 four track with no EQ and hardly any noise reduction, so the sound is pretty muddy, playing aside.
The new stuff is largely recorded and performed on a digital 16-track by myself, joined occasionally by Gary on guitars and vocals, under the guise of Thesis (1995-present). Eventually, there may be guest musicians involved as well. I''ve finished recording and remixing The Whole Other Half, the second half of Etcetera Thesis' first official album, Bisecting a Circumference, and both are now available on Bandcamp.
Thank you for reading. Enjoy.