Need a gift for a gifted musician?
Le Berger is the moniker for the artistic, conceptual & professional endeavors of Samuel Landry, hailing from Montreal.
• Ambient textures & tonal ventures accomplished with primitive means and scarce source material
• Limited series conceptual art prints
• Commission work for interactive installations, one of a kind artwork & individual design projects
• Narrative & voice over (audio books, scientific narration, film, TV, commercial & others. French & English)
• Concept albums & mystical (yet whimsical) stories in sounds
• Openness to free association, collaborations and interesting projects, please do inquire
In most of these undertakings reside an ethos that goes deeper than aesthetic considerations. The creative process itself is considered in many ways as quintessential as its end product. Le Berger often times consciously restrains the resources, tools and options available; a method intended to excite resourcefulness and focus on human potential rather than a dependency upon expansive & expensive technologies offering what appears to be near endless possibilities.
There is a clear intent to create work that celebrates imperfections, values character and personality over the stale gimmicks of promotion. And then the sincere hope that it generates as penetrating an experience for the end receiver as it does for its creator.
The work has been characterized as refreshingly kinetic, candid, self-replenishing, atmospheric and serene. It falls along the lines of drone, minimalist, sound art & ambient genres and undeniably subscribes to a DIY modus operandi.