Stats for this track
If you visit Cologne there is a very probable chance you will hear or meet Jens-Uwe Beyer aka POPNONAME. The past year for him have been immense - from spearheading the COLOGNE TAPE collective which includes members JÖRG BURGER (aka THE MODERNIST), ADA, PHILIPP JANZEN (of VON SPAR), CRATO and BARNT and his 2011 collaboration with DRUMS OFF CHAOS (aka JAKI LIEBEZEIT of CAN). Both projects found releases on the critically acclaimed new imprint MAGAZINE he also co-runs. That said, Beyer's enthusiastic demeanor and creative vigor has easily marked him as a key figure in Cologne's re-blossoming music community.
Internationally, Beyer is likely known best due to his long-standing contributions on KOMPAKT's POP AMBIENT series, but his forays into dance music have placed him as potentially one of the most overlooked talents of the last decade. Take his releases on ITALIC, FIRM and KOMPAKT speak volumes - RESIDENT ADVISOR went as far as to proclaim his last full length "Surrounded by Weather" as being that it "isn't the
final defining statement in emotive vocal house, but it comes damn close."
Take a listen for yourself as we are offering this exclusive live mix featuring some stellar gems from his catalogue and also a brand new, unreleased remix for the PRO-TEZ imprint.
1) "90 (Popnoname Rmx)" - Pompeya (Pro Tez))
2) "Hello Gorgeous (Original Mix) - Popnoname (Kompakt)
3) "Tremolo" - Popnoname (Italic)
4) "Love" - Popnoname (E`de Cologne)
5) "Hello Gorgeous (Terranova Rmx)" - Popnoname (Kompakt)
6) "Storm" - Popnoname (Italic)
7) "No Doubt" - Popnoname (Italic)
8) "Hello Gorgeous (Le Klub Mix)" (Kompakt)