- 1. This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery - Mindscramble Remix 7.06 245 plays
- 2. This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery - Strangers Remix 4.58 209 plays
- 3. This Jumped Up Boy In Livery - Look, Stranger! Remix 4.20 126 plays
- 4. This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery - Syfunk Remix 5.29 154 plays
- 5. This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery - Wild Combination Remix 5.06 298 plays
- 1. This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery 4.56 732 plays
- 2. Art Tastes Better Blind 4.33 5918 plays
- 3. The Blue Door 4.55 3379 plays 130.0 BPM
- 4. Brother 4.52 3949 plays
- 5. Yellow Letter 4.16 2432 plays
- 6. You Are Dead (To Me) 3.12 7308 plays
- 7. The Disappearance of Becky Sharp 4.54 7476 plays 110.0 BPM
- 8. Take the Reins 3.19 4730 plays
- 1. Kites - The Blue Door (Tromsø Twilight Mix by Stakker) 5.33 836 plays
- 2. Kites - The Disappearance of Becky Sharp (The Sanfernando Sound Remix) 6.42 1867 plays
- 3. Kites - A Flower Is All That Remains (The Sanfernando Sound Remix) 6.01 677 plays
- 4. Kites - The Seamstress (Modern Manners Remix) 3.40 1131 plays
- 5. Kites - Yellow Letter (Stakker's Quesadilla Mix) 4.09 498 plays
- 6. Kites - The Disappearance of Becky Sharp (Tribal Riot Remix) 7.03 755 plays
- 7. Kites - Take The Reins (Steelo Remix) 9.11 503 plays
- 8. Kites - Black Dog (Kontraband Remix) 4.42 724 plays
- 9. Kites - The Disappearance of Becky Sharp (Le Chocolat Noir RMX) 6.08 660 plays
- 10. Kites - The Florist (Remastered) 3.31 564 plays
Kites is a London band composed of guitarist (Danilo), a scholar of electronics (Richard), former percussionist of The Holloways (Edwin) and a foppish pop-poet with a penchant for silk (Matthew). In a recent interview, Kites’ front man Matthew, who brings an air of Wildean decadence to the band, described their sound as: “Melodramatic provocation for discontented dreamers”. His lyrics are obsessed over by fans and his interviews have become part of Kites’ myth and intrigue.
Kites began writing tightly constructed tracks in 2010 that successfully blended synthetic textures with more organic instrumentation, creating a sound that was bold, affecting and, ultimately, irresistible. Their intensely physical and energetic stage shows have won them fans internationally and garnered comparisons to New Order, Patrick Wolf and Talking Heads in the mainstream music press. They have supported numerous, high-profile artists in recent months including The Maccabees, Jarvis Cocker, Gary Numan, The Mystery Jets, Peter Hook, Erasure, Bloc Party and many others.
Their recent release ‘Brother’ and new track 'This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery', have received rave reviews from BBC Introducing, Amazing Radio, XFM, Absolute Radio, Strong Room Alive and Q Radio . Enthusiastic support also came from the printed press including Q Magazine, Musicweek, i:D Magazine, Notion Magazine, Artrocker, Time Out, The Evening Standard, The Sunday Mirror, The Sun (Scotland) and across the blogosphere; The 405, This Is Fake DIY, Breaking More Waves and so on. Q Magazine also chose 'Art Tastes Better Blind' as one of their best tracks of 2011 and an essential download in their January 2012 issue. Artrocker Magazine premiered the single’s video.
The band release 'This Jumped-Up Boy In Livery' in April 2012 on CD, 7" and digitally. The band will be playing at various festivals nationwide this summer and are touring the UK and EU relentlessly for the rest of the year.
+44 (0) 7531 223 358
+44 (0) 203 5867002