- 1. King Britt in the Boiler Room by BOILER ROOM 44.27
- 2. KING BRITT'S WINTER MELT MIX [podcast] by King Britt 1.22.33 4888 plays
- 3. KING BRITT SLOW BURN MIX [podcast] by King Britt 1.06.31 6207 plays
- 4. KING BRITT x FHLOSTON PARADIGM x RINSE FM [live mix] by King Britt 46.35 3751 plays
- 5. Cosmic Culture: A Journey into AfroFuturism curated by King Britt by King Britt 1.30.44 5555 plays
- 6. King Britt's 420 Mix [podcast] by King Britt 56.28 4063 plays
- 7. KING BRITT SMOKE & MIRRORS SET @ FLUID [podcast] by King Britt 1.07.05 3616 plays
- 8. KING BRITT TOUCH OF TECH MIX [podcast] by King Britt 54.50 2341 plays
- 1. INCIDENT ON A COUCH PT2 feat JAMES POYSER - KING BRITT presents SYLK130 8.08 1773 plays
- 2. BIT BY BIT - Saturn Never Sleeps [prod by King Britt] 4.22 1404 plays
- 3. NUDE (KING BRITT SHINBITE MIX) - Radiohead 5.29 2454 plays
- 4. ANNE (KING BRITT MOODY MIX) - Santigold 4.23 3435 plays
- 5. Father Lucifer (King Britt Sylkscreen Remix)- Tori Amos [remix] 4.44 1111 plays
- 6. SPACES FEAT QUASIMOTO - KING BRITT 3.28 2514 plays
- 7. NOW FEAT ASTRID SURYANTO - KING BRITT 7.56 1510 plays
- 8. THE INTRICATE BEAUTY FEAT RYAT - KING BRITT 8.23 1577 plays
- 9. RVRSR (Fhloston Paradigm MiX) feat Tunde Adebimpe - Power Douglas 9.28 911 plays
- 10. POWER - KING BRITT presents SISTER GERTRUDE MORGAN 8.28 677 plays
- 11. THE CHASE - FHLOSTON PARADIGM 8.10 889 plays
- 12. SECRET OF THE STARS - DYNAMIC 8.15 1238 plays
- 13. ALLOGAMY SONICS - KING BRITT [production] 18.08 643 plays
- 14. ASpaceLessEmpty- WishUWereHere [prod. by King Britt] 4.07 769 plays
- 15. LIVE YOUR LIFE (KING BRITT LOVE&LIGHT MIX) - YUNA 6.39 4160 plays
- 16. SUPERSTAR feat IVANA SANTILLI - KING BRITT 5.35 519 plays
- 17. DANCE (KING BRITT PARISIAN MIX) - Saul Williams 10.23 1924 plays
- 18. LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE - KING BRITT presents SYLK130 5.07 1119 plays
- 19. SKIPPING STONES feat ALISON MOYET - KING BRITT presents SYLK130 5.27 511 plays
- 1. Moment #11: Rome [driver] 0.31 354 plays
- 2. Moment #10: Geneva [airplane] 1.00 323 plays
- 3. Moment #9: Rome [window] 1.01 324 plays
- 4. Moment #7 : Philly [Billy Hart speaking] 1.11 447 plays
- 5. Moment #6 : Philly [barbershop] 1.00 371 plays
- 6. Moment #4 : Philly [bodega] 1.00 268 plays
- 7. Moment #5 : Lisbon [discussion] 0.59 307 plays
- 8. Moment #3 : Miami [sound walk] 1.38 490 plays
- 9. Moment #2 : Miami [sound walk] 0.54 416 plays
- 10. Moment #1 : Miami [sound walk] 0.58 597 plays
King Britt is a producer, composer, performer and curator of electronic music.
As a producer/composer, he fuses his knowledge of music history from many cultures and genres with electronic compositions, which redefine and re-contextualizes the past into the present. This is best shown in his work for Preservation Hall’s release King Britt presents Sister Gertrude Morgan, which combined, the gospel evangelist’s vocal recordings from 1970 with contemporary composition. This recording went on to penetrate the pop culture divide, by appearing in Michael Mann’s Miami Vice and HBO’s True Blood tv show, who’s soundtrack was nominated for a Grammy. It was this and many other projects from his vast catalog that helped him receive the Pew Fellowship for Composition in 2007.
He has remixed and produced many diverse artists including Miles Davis, Curtis Mayfield, Radiohead, Alison Moyet, Everything But the Girl and Chic, as well as scoring commercials for Rolex and L’oreal Paris.
As a performer, King is best known as one of the top globetrotting dj’s in the world. From cutting his craft as the wax poetic for the Grammy Award winning Digable Planets to traveling solo to different cities and countries, bringing cultures together through his eclectic taste and live improvised dance/experimental sets.
In addition to the dj sets, he brings many projects from studio to the stage environment.
These include, Sylk130 Collective (which sold over 500k copies), Saturn Never Sleeps and The Sister Gertrude Experience, performing in spaces as diverse as The Whitney Museum, The Corcoran Gallery and Winter Garden in the NYC Financial Center. King has graced the stage at festivals well, such as Kernel Festival (Italy), Moogfest (Asheville) , Glastonbury (UK), River to River (NYC), Camp Bisco (upstate NYC) and Voodoo Fest (New Orleans).
As a curator, he has done events for the Institute of Contemporary Art in Philadelphia, Knitting Factory NYC, The Getty Museum and a residency at The Painted Bride Arts Center, bringing electronic music artists into special projects and settings that they normally are unaccustomed and creating new work.
Recently remixing Merideth Monk, Saul Williams and King Sunny Ade. King continues to be an important force in the shaping of contemporary music.
He is currently working on Dumi Songs with Tendai Maraire of Shabazz Palaces, that take the historic Zimbabwe recordings of Tendai’s father Dumi Maraire, the master of the Mbira, and combines them with contemporary composition and arrangements. Set to be released in 2013 with a live multimedia experience to accompany it.