- 1. KING BRITT'S SEXYTECH MIX #1 by King Britt 1.11.25 3612 plays
- 2. King Britt in the Boiler Room by BOILER ROOM 44.27
- 3. KING BRITT'S WINTER MELT MIX [podcast] by King Britt 1.22.33 5887 plays
- 4. KING BRITT SLOW BURN MIX [podcast] by King Britt 1.06.31 6918 plays
- 5. KING BRITT x FHLOSTON PARADIGM x RINSE FM [live mix] by King Britt 46.35 4202 plays
- 6. Cosmic Culture: A Journey into AfroFuturism curated by King Britt by King Britt 1.30.44 7655 plays
- 7. King Britt's 420 Mix [podcast] by King Britt 56.28 4565 plays
- 8. KING BRITT SMOKE & MIRRORS SET @ FLUID [podcast] by King Britt 1.07.05 4222 plays
- 9. KING BRITT TOUCH OF TECH MIX [podcast] by King Britt 54.50 2587 plays
- 1. SPACES FEAT QUASIMOTO - KING BRITT by King Britt 3.28 6766 plays
- 2. NUDE (KING BRITT SHINBITE MIX) - Radiohead by King Britt 5.29 3140 plays
- 3. ANNE (KING BRITT MOODY MIX) - Santigold by King Britt 4.23 6137 plays
- 4. NOW FEAT ASTRID SURYANTO - KING BRITT by King Britt 7.56 2236 plays
- 5. THE CHASE - FHLOSTON PARADIGM by King Britt 8.10 1203 plays
- 6. CELESTIAL EDIT 1 - KING BRITT [production] by King Britt 9.48 2470 plays
- 7. BIT BY BIT - Saturn Never Sleeps [prod by King Britt] by King Britt 4.22 1933 plays
- 8. Father Lucifer (King Britt Sylkscreen Remix)- Tori Amos [remix] by King Britt 4.44 1946 plays
- 9. THE INTRICATE BEAUTY FEAT RYAT - KING BRITT by King Britt 8.23 1879 plays
- 10. RVRSR (Fhloston Paradigm MiX) feat Tunde Adebimpe - Power Douglas by King Britt 9.28 1337 plays
- 11. POWER - KING BRITT presents SISTER GERTRUDE MORGAN by King Britt 8.28 1139 plays
- 12. SECRET OF THE STARS - DYNAMIC by King Britt 8.15 1612 plays
- 13. ALLOGAMY SONICS - KING BRITT [production] by King Britt 18.08 1126 plays
- 14. ASpaceLessEmpty- WishUWereHere [prod. by King Britt] by King Britt 4.07 975 plays
- 15. LIVE YOUR LIFE (KING BRITT LOVE&LIGHT MIX) - YUNA by King Britt 6.39 4608 plays
- 16. SUPERSTAR feat IVANA SANTILLI - KING BRITT by King Britt 5.35 810 plays
- 17. DANCE (KING BRITT PARISIAN MIX) - Saul Williams by King Britt 10.23 2198 plays
- 18. LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE - KING BRITT presents SYLK130 by King Britt 5.07 2576 plays
- 19. SKIPPING STONES feat ALISON MOYET - KING BRITT presents SYLK130 by King Britt 5.27 841 plays
- 20. Vorka (King Britt Remix) by Tru Thoughts 7.58 4479 plays
- 1. KING BRITT @ HIDDEN CITIES (LIVE IMPROVISED RECORDING) 35.44 2310 plays
- 2. CORNER STORE ON VENUS (DS EDIT 1) - KING BRITT [production] 7.24 1165 plays
- 3. CELESTIAL EDIT 1 - KING BRITT [production] 9.48 2470 plays
- 4. KERNEL FESTIVAL : LIVE SET - KING BRITT 40.43 1119 plays
- 5. 9.11.13 - King Britt 4.41 2250 plays
- 1. Moment #1 : Miami [sound walk] 0.58 811 plays
- 2. Moment #2 : Miami [sound walk] 0.54 545 plays
- 3. Moment #3 : Miami [sound walk] 1.38 614 plays
- 4. Moment #4 : Philly [bodega] 1.00 380 plays
- 5. Moment #5 : Lisbon [discussion] 0.59 395 plays
- 6. Moment #6 : Philly [barbershop] 1.00 489 plays
- 7. Moment #7 : Philly [Billy Hart speaking] 1.11 562 plays
- 8. Moment #9: Rome [window] 1.01 456 plays
- 9. Moment #10: Geneva [airplane] 1.00 499 plays
- 10. Moment #11: Rome [driver] 0.31 542 plays
- 11. Moment #12 : Chicago 0.45 369 plays
- 12. Moment #13 : Paris [french lesson] 0.29 366 plays
- 13. Moment #14 : Paris [rap cats] 6.14 677 plays
King Britt is a producer, composer, performer and curator of electronic music.
As a producer/composer, he fuses his knowledge of music history from many cultures and genres with electronic compositions, which redefine and re-contextualizes the past into the present. This is best shown in his work for Preservation Hall’s release King Britt presents Sister Gertrude Morgan, which combined, the gospel evangelist’s vocal recordings from 1970 with contemporary composition. This recording went on to penetrate the pop culture divide, by appearing in Michael Mann’s Miami Vice and HBO’s True Blood tv show, who’s soundtrack was nominated for a Grammy. It was this and many other projects from his vast catalog that helped him receive the Pew Fellowship for Composition in 2007.
He has remixed and produced many diverse artists including Miles Davis, Curtis Mayfield, Radiohead, Alison Moyet, Everything But the Girl and Chic, as well as scoring commercials for Rolex and L’oreal Paris.
As a performer, King is best known as one of the top globetrotting dj’s in the world. From cutting his craft as the wax poetic for the Grammy Award winning Digable Planets to traveling solo to different cities and countries, bringing cultures together through his eclectic taste and live improvised dance/experimental sets.
In addition to the dj sets, he brings many projects from studio to the stage environment.
These include, Sylk130 Collective (which sold over 500k copies), Saturn Never Sleeps and The Sister Gertrude Experience, performing in spaces as diverse as The Whitney Museum, The Corcoran Gallery and Winter Garden in the NYC Financial Center. King has graced the stage at festivals well, such as Kernel Festival (Italy), Moogfest (Asheville) , Glastonbury (UK), River to River (NYC), Camp Bisco (upstate NYC) and Voodoo Fest (New Orleans).
As a curator, he has done events for the Institute of Contemporary Art in Philadelphia, Knitting Factory NYC, The Getty Museum and a residency at The Painted Bride Arts Center, bringing electronic music artists into special projects and settings that they normally are unaccustomed and creating new work.
Recently remixing Merideth Monk, Saul Williams and King Sunny Ade. King continues to be an important force in the shaping of contemporary music.
He is currently working on Dumi Songs with Tendai Maraire of Shabazz Palaces, that take the historic Zimbabwe recordings of Tendai’s father Dumi Maraire, the master of the Mbira, and combines them with contemporary composition and arrangements. Set to be released in 2013 with a live multimedia experience to accompany it.