- 1. JOHNNY ALLEN MAY 2014 PROMO MIX by johnny allen 2.51.40 860 plays
- Download track Go to track JOHNNY ALLEN Tribute To Richie Hawtin Enter Space Closing Party (EXIT) 20132. JOHNNY ALLEN Tribute To Richie Hawtin Enter Space Closing Party (EXIT) 2013 by johnny allen 3.20.23 5111 plays
- 3. Creepy Finger Podcast 004 - Johnny Allen - Oct 2013 by Creepy Finger Records 1.20.38 1954 plays
- 4. JOHNNY ALLEN SEPT 2013 PROMO by johnny allen 2.27.40 883 plays 128.0 BPM
- 5. JOHNNY ALLEN SEPT PROMO BONUS HOUR 2013 by johnny allen 1.04.56 275 plays
- Download track Go to track JOHNNY ALLEN WARMING UP -HOBO & MATADOR (M-NUS)@69 BELOW-PYRAMATRIX GLASGOW 1-06-136. JOHNNY ALLEN WARMING UP -HOBO & MATADOR (M-NUS)@69 BELOW-PYRAMATRIX GLASGOW 1-06-13 by johnny allen 1.13.48 783 plays 123.0 BPM
- 7. minMAX JOHNNY ALLEN VERSION by johnny allen 53.37 699 plays 126.0 BPM
- 8. JOHNNY ALLEN APRIL/MAY PROMO 2013 by johnny allen 2.08.48 728 plays 128.0 BPM
- 9. JOHNNY ALLEN Live In His Boiling Room 29-03-13 by johnny allen 44.45 366 plays 128.0 BPM
- 10. JOHNNY ALLEN FEBRUARY 2013 PROMO MIX by johnny allen 2.22.48 1022 plays 128.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track JOHNNY ALLEN Live@ELEVATE, ST.JUDES GLASGOW 10-12-2012 Section of 2.5 Hr Set11. JOHNNY ALLEN Live@ELEVATE, ST.JUDES GLASGOW 10-12-2012 Section of 2.5 Hr Set by johnny allen 1.23.19 753 plays 128.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track JOHNNY ALLEN- A Tribute to Richie Hawtin Enter Closing Party 20-09-2012 Part 112. JOHNNY ALLEN- A Tribute to Richie Hawtin Enter Closing Party 20-09-2012 Part 1 by johnny allen 1.24.20 4764 plays 129.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track JOHNNY ALLEN- A Tribute To Richie Hawtin Enter Closing Party 20-09-12 PART 213. JOHNNY ALLEN- A Tribute To Richie Hawtin Enter Closing Party 20-09-12 PART 2 by johnny allen 1.05.27 3327 plays 129.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track JOHNNY ALLEN Live@Elevate, Chambre 69 Glasgow with Joseph Capriati LAST HOUR 3-08-1214. JOHNNY ALLEN Live@Elevate, Chambre 69 Glasgow with Joseph Capriati LAST HOUR 3-08-12 by johnny allen 56.32 959 plays 129.0 BPM
- 15. JOHNNY ALLEN LIVE @LIAM&LAUZ'S WEDDING CALA TARIDA IBIZA JUNE 2012 by johnny allen 2.25.12 186 plays
- Resident Advisor
Johnny Allen discovered his first set of decks at the tender the age of 14. Picking up two hi fi turntable tops and a mixer(see my Facebook for my first mixer lol) from his local electronic store - he hasn’t looked back since.
His first live appearances playing to a crowd were in 2000 where he played at local parties in his home town before moving abroad to play at clubs in both Spain and Crete.
In 2004, he was invited to play at a popular local techno night called 'Refresh' where he gained a regular slot playing harder edged techno. During this time he was also invited to play at various other nights including The Vault, Soundhaus Glasgow, The Club(Club 69) Paisley and the Honeycomb in Edinburgh where he played alongside the likes of GREEN VELVET, CHRIS LIBERATOR, DAVE THE DRUMMER and hardcore legend LENNY D.
A turning point in Johnny's career came in 2005 when he visited the Sonar festival and after listening to the likes of Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos, he was blown away by a whole new style of techno music and sound effects. Greatly influenced by these techno pioneers, Johnny then slowly changed his djing style to a more groove driven tech house and minimal techno which was warmly received at his gigs.
In 2009, Johnny got together with fellow DJs CLUTCH SLIP and started a club night, "Hectors Discotheque", at The Club (Club69). The "Hectors" booked and played alongside the likes of ALAN FITZPATRICK, HANS BOUFFMYHRE, KYLE GEIGER and local hero ALAN BELSHAW. Venues for Hectors Discotheque changed frequently from boats, to fields, to barns, to various other Glasgow club venues, a move which kept the night innovative and fresh which seemed to appeal to the clubbers. Teaming up with fellow DJ Mark Stuart as techno duo FREEEKNIT, Johnny has also been able to showcase his turntable trickery in a fresh innovative way by using a mixture of software and hardware effects and drum machines to give the crowd something a a little less conventional than the traditional two decks and a mixer style of djing.
These days Johnny can be found in the studio producing music or working on future events. He has also secured gigs at a list of radio shows and clubs in Scotland with some of the biggest names on the DJ circuit.....last year alone he played after MINUS superstar HEARTTHROB, JOSEPH CAPRIATI and SCI-TEC/MINUS JOOP JUNIOR and this year warmed up for HOBO and MATADOR(IE) in Glasgow, also from Richie Hawtins Minus Label.