- 1. Battle Scars 3.57 542 plays
- 2. Everybody's Got Sides 3.51 18334 plays
- 3. Out Of Credit 2.56 11459 plays
- 4. Window Shopping 4.42 320 plays
- 5. Love Vibration 5.18 17346 plays
- 6. Forget it 4.45 311 plays
- 7. Do You Think Of Him now 3.39 217 plays
- 8. So Long Getting It Wrong 3.00 201 plays
- 9. Whatever Happened To The Working Class 4.24 146 plays
- 10. Disguised As Love 2.46 214 plays
- 11. Truth 4.56 575 plays
- 12. This is Essex 4.22 363 plays
Future Melancholy Pop Music-Songs sketched for 2nd album 7 tracks, 18.23 johnnocasson on March 13, 2014 13:18
- 1. I leave it to you (live sketch) 2.05 903 plays
- 2. Ain't it a Marvellous Life 4.26 244 plays
- 3. Take a taste of your medicine 1.50 229 plays
- 4. We Love You 2.26 160 plays
- 5. Harvest Our Days 3.10 298 plays
- 6. We thought it would be wonderful(Live in the garden) 2.23 276 plays
- 7. I could give you everything (Live) 2.00 154 plays
Colchester based singer.
Grab the Window Shopping album here:-
The Remix album 'Window Dressing' is available a FREE Download now http://rashrecords.co.uk/album/window-dressing
Johnno Casson’s album 'Window Shopping' (produced by Wim Oudijk) was recently released on Folkwit Records.
Johnno was born in a wonderfully multi cultural Hackney,London and grew up to the sounds of British Pop music,lovers rock,ska & funk echoing around his head.
In recent years he has taken the time honoured route of moving from the East End to Essex and is now firmly based in Colchester.
In a wonderfully chequered career Johnno has wore many hats,bought many T Shirts,had all sorts of jobs from the shop floor to the corporate boardroom and throughout has continue to make vibrant British Pop music.
Formerly the lead singer in Deep Joy (who worked with Andrew Weatherall,James Lavelle ,Adrian Sherwood and toured with The Farm )
Colchester artist Johnno may be also known to you as Snippet , the funky folky wonky pop multi instrumentalist, who has delivered an extremely well received range of vibrant releases in the last few years in the shape of 4 e.p's and the debut album ‘Slowly slowly catchee monkey’. In the process Snippet became the most played artist in the history of BBC Introducing and was described by Q Magazine as “reminiscent of early Beck”.
Whilst preparing for a run of Snippet live shows, Johnno found time to write an album's worth of new songs with a new acoustically minded sound and decided to release this under his real name of Johnno Casson.
Many people have said Johnno has an innate ability to deliver quirky, intelligent and infectious songs. On Johnno's forthcoming album 'Window Shopping' he takes a sidestep from the bouncy left-field electro pop music of Snippet into a collection of beautiful, personal, melancholic, honest & acoustic flavoured songs which capture the most interesting nuances he finds in people, in his own experiences and life in all its seeming simplicity.
This is music with a bitter-sweet bite that lingers like that a big kid spoiling for a fight at the end of the school day without seeing that you have a light saber behind your back,this is a light that just refuses to go out, refuses to lose its shine or turn its back on you. A sense of longing never felt this good.