- Intensified on Frisky Radio April 014 Artwork jodywisternoff on April 14, 2014 06:578067 Plays122 Comments605 Favoritings861 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.15.12
- Planet of sound - We are Together ( Jody Wisternoff Remix ) edit Artwork jodywisternoff on March 27, 2014 14:0220630 Plays47 Comments827 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 6.32
- Promo mix for InProgress @ The Mint Club Leeds 28/3/14 ( vinyl mix ) Artwork jodywisternoff on March 25, 2014 16:289087 Plays96 Comments399 Favoritings956 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.19.42
- Way Out There March 014 Artwork jodywisternoff on March 18, 2014 21:4216457 Plays183 Comments802 Favoritings1590 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.01.44
- INTENSIFIED March 014 Artwork jodywisternoff on March 07, 2014 17:4126706 Plays219 Comments1217 Favoritings1978 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.14.39
- Robert Babicz feat. B James - Centurian ( Jody Wisternoff remix ) Artwork jodywisternoff on March 02, 2014 16:2919813 Plays87 Comments863 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 6.57
- Way Out There Feb 014 Artwork jodywisternoff on February 18, 2014 20:0923554 Plays181 Comments1068 Favoritings2415 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.00.46
- INTENSIFIED on Frisky Radio - Feb 014 Artwork jodywisternoff on February 06, 2014 15:0421102 Plays187 Comments859 Favoritings1844 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.02.28
- Way Out There on Proton Radio Jan 2014 Artwork jodywisternoff on January 21, 2014 20:5226311 Plays222 Comments1267 Favoritings2326 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.10.52
- INTENSIFIED on FRISKY RADIO - Jan 014 Artwork jodywisternoff on January 08, 2014 14:4020317 Plays184 Comments832 Favoritings2097 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 59.46
Jody Wisternoff's Upcoming Gigs
Saturday 19 April, 2014
Club Le Freak, Thessaloniki, Greece
Saturday 26 April, 2014
We Love Deep, Cinema Hall, Budapest, Hungary
Saturday 17 May, 2014
Anjunadeep , TBC, Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Saturday 24 May, 2014
In Progress, The Mint Club, Leeds, United Kingdom
Saturday 21 June, 2014
Habitat , Calgary, Canada
Sunday 10 August, 2014
WILDERNESS FESTIVAL, OXFORDSHIRE, United Kingdom
Powered by GigaTools
He may no longer be the "precocious" teen who cracked the music industry, but Jody Wisternoff is still not afraid to push the boundaries or test his own limits. His fearless attitude has seen him go from a 16-year-old playing his first club gig to controlling the crowd at the Universe rave, preaching his musical sermon to an adoring congregation of 5,000 people. "[That] was incredible and pretty much the catalyst for me dropping out of college," Jody says of his first taste of rocking a stadium show.
Although now putting the finishing touches to his long awaited debut solo album, it was back in 1986 that Wisternoff first put his stamp on the music world aged just 13 when he reached the finals of the DMC World DJ Championship and then 2 years later as one-half of Tru Funk, a hip hop/dance outfit with his younger brother Sam, who is now performing under the name SJ Esau.
After those days of innocence and his first forays in to music, Wisternoff became an unknowing pioneer in the rave scene as a member of Sub Love (with DJ Die) and Way Out West, his beloved tag team with Nick Warren. "[The] Sub Love days were fun because I was so young and the rave scene was in full swing," he says with admiration and a certain sense of nostalgia. For hardened fans of dance music, who remember fondly the opening salvo Montana, it may be a little scary to think it's been 18 years since Way Out West first emerged. The milestone isn't lost on Jody either. "The early 90s rave era in the UK was unbelievable and was on a crazy scale. Pretty much all the young people in the country were into it. The pop charts' top 10 was all dance music. [It's] amazing if you think about it now."
Fast forward to the present day though and despite having four successful albums under his belt as Way Out West, Wisternoff shows no signs of complacency. He is constantly evolving his sound with new tracks and showcasing fresh and experimental electronic music on his Frisky and Proton Radio shows every month. He has released solo singles on Ministry of Sound, Anjunadeep and Distinctive, with which he achieved the much coveted 'Beatport Number 1' with his track 'Cold Drink, Hot Girl'. Wisternoff spends much time touring all over the world, especially in Eastern Europe, calling it one of his "strongest territories right now….[but] it's an issue of juggling family life with music at the moment, as I have two kids now," he tells us, living what he calls "a really nice balanced life," things have come full circle for this cheeky chap.