SoundCloud is the world's leading social sound platform, scaling alongside a rapidly growing global userbase. We believe information is power, and with customer-centric thinking and deep analytical rigour, we can shape the future of audio on the web.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to build a world-class Insight team, to support the organisation’s growing need for insight. In this role, you’ll draw on your industry knowledge with big data at the interface of media, Internet and the social web to leading a growing team of diverse analytical thinkers and builders aiming to turn data into insight and insight into business action.
Reporting to the senior management team, you will work closely with all department heads of the business to help drive data-informed decisions across the organisation.
You’ll influence all areas of the business and push SoundCloud forward as a data-informed rather than data-driven company, and an industry benchmark in insight-informed decision making.
What you'll do:
- Lead, inspire, empower, organize and develop the Insight team at SoundCloud
- Be an internal and external evangelist for data-informed thinking
- Synthesise input from across the business to help to develop our analytical framework and roadmap and influence key decision makers
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data with strategic objectives to provide recommendations that guide strategy at macro and micro levels of the business
- Be responsible for the continued development of the BI and analytics infrastructure which is in place and other data tools for the entire company to use
- Set highest standards in how to deliver and present data / insights
- Drive strategic dialog across the engineering, product and commercial functions in the business and ensuring priorities are managed effectively.
- Interface with our data engineering and product teams to align data needs across the organisation
- At least 10 years proven experience in insight, market research or data analysis. The successful candidate will most likely have experience in product analysis and can guide the team from a technical perspective when necessary.
- Previous team leader / management experience – must bring seniority and gravitas to the high performing, talented team in place.
- Outstanding analytical skills paired with a profound business sense. Should be comfortable operating at all levels of the business and is able to identify the KPIs across different functions.
- Thorough understanding of working with big data and the required technologies/methodologies/statistics to make that accessible for everyone
- Experience working with engineering, product, marketing and business teams
- Strategic oversight but at the same time a hands-on attitude and the ability to drive change through the team.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment – can effectively guide a team through ambiguity and swift changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
We will be able to sponsor a work permit for Germany for this position and offer support for relocation.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with people from over 30 nationalities in a fast-paced start-up environment, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF or link.
The more we know, the better we are. We work with every team to collect and analyse complex data and customer research, developing insights that continuously improve SoundCloud.
Our global HQ. Where tech meets creativity and non-German speakers feel right at home.HerrKrueger
New York City
Start spreading the news: we're growing in the Big Apple.zoonabar
Head up to the roof terrace for Friday Fika and enjoy the new tech scene in the city.moonlightbulb
Moments from Silicon Roundabout, our London office is where music meets technology.MeetingLife
Our latest office is tech’s best kept secret. Enjoy home cooked food from our office chef.Adamina