SoundCloud is the world's leading social sound platform, scaling alongside a rapidly growing global userbase. We believe information is power, and with customer-centric thinking and deep analytical rigour, we can shape the future of audio on the web.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to build a world-class Insight team, to support the organisation’s growing need for insight. In this role, you’ll draw on your industry knowledge with big data at the interface of media, Internet and the social web to leading a growing team of diverse analytical thinkers and builders aiming to turn data into insight and insight into business action.
Reporting to the VP Marketing and Insight you’ll influence all areas of the business and push SoundCloud forward as a data-informed rather than data-driven company, and an industry benchmark in insight-informed decision making.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead, inspire, empower, organize and develop the Insight team at SoundCloud
- Be an internal and external evangelist for data-informed thinking
- Synthesise input from across the business to help to develop our analytical framework and roadmap and influence key decision makers
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data with strategic objectives to provide recommendations that guide strategy at macro and micro levels of the business
- Be responsible for the development of a BI and analytics infrastructure and other data tools for the entire company to use
- Set highest standards in how to deliver and present data / insights
- Interface with our data engineering and product teams to align data needs across the organisation
Required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from one of the world’s best schools
- At least 7-10 years proven experience in insight, market research or data analysis
- Previous team leader / management experience
- Outstanding analytical skills paired with a profound business sense
- Thorough understanding of working with big data and the required technologies/methodologies/statistics to make that accessible for everyone
- Experience working with engineering, product, marketing and business teams
- Strategic oversight but at the same time a hands-on attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with people from 30 nationalities in a fast-paced start-up environment, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF or link.
The more we know, the better we are. We work with every team to collect and analyse complex data and customer research, developing insights that continuously improve SoundCloud.
Our global HQ. Where tech meets creativity and non-German speakers feel right at home.HerrKrueger
New York City
Start spreading the news: we're growing in the Big Apple.zoonabar
Head up to the roof terrace for Friday Fika and enjoy the new tech scene in the city.moonlightbulb
Moments from Silicon Roundabout, our London office is where music meets technology.MeetingLife
Our latest office is tech’s best kept secret. Enjoy home cooked food from our office chef.Adamina