Joachim Spieth - Dark Matter (inc G-Man aka Gez Varley & D. Diggler rmxs) (Affin 014 LTD) 3 tracks, 8.33 JOACHIM SPIETH on September 17, 2013 22:09
- 1. A1 Joachim Spieth Dark Matter(G-Man aka Gez Varley Remix) (Affin 014 LTD) 2.49 1230 plays
- 2. B1 Joachim Spieth Dark Matter (Original Mix) (Affin 014 LTD) 2.49 1203 plays
- 3. B2 Joachim Spieth Dark Matter(D. Diggler Remix) (Affin 014 LTD) 2.54 856 plays
- 1. Joachim Spieth @ Mutate Dublin November 2013 by JOACHIM SPIETH 2.00.33 1173 plays
- 2. PoleGroup Radio/ Joachim Spieth / 08.11 by PoleGroup 57.02 1812 plays
- 3. Blank Code Podcast Joachim Spieth October 2013 by JOACHIM SPIETH 1.02.53 521 plays
- 4. Invite's Choice Podcast 135 - Joachim Spieth by Invite 1.02.53 3688 plays
- 5. Droid Behaviour Podcast 209: Joachim Spieth | Affin by JOACHIM SPIETH 1.00.15 1012 plays
- 6. Joachim Spieth Sweat Lodge Podcast by JOACHIM SPIETH 1.02.53 878 plays
- 7. Joachim Spieth - The Clairvoyants Radio Show (14.07.13) by The Clairvoyants 59.32 3516 plays
- 8. Cassini Podcast 018 - Joachim Spieth by Cassini Music 1.02.40 1291 plays
- 9. Joachim Spieth _ Spring Podcast _ subsekt.com _ 028 by subsekt.com 56.38 1308 plays
- 10. Joachim Spieth @ Tresor, Berlin [10.08.2012] by JOACHIM SPIETH 1.03.54 1777 plays
- 11. Joachim Spieth Live @ Faktory [Reykjavik, Iceland] January 2012 by JOACHIM SPIETH 1.03.06 1630 plays
Joachim Spieth is a long time DJ, producer and label boss of Affin. Whether through the music he produces himself, or the productions he releases on his own imprint, the sounds always operate in their own little pockets away from the norm. It all started with ‘Abi 99’ – one of the earliest 12”s Cologne stable Kompakt ever released. At the time it was supported by legendary UK radio DJ John Peel and, in turn, was followed up with more huge early success in the form of ‘Under Pressure’, a split single EP on Speicher with Michael Mayer.
In the years since, there have been tracks licensed to The Orb’s Back to Mine compilation, appearances on labels like Paso, Traum Schallplatten and Tongut and a steady stream of remixes for the likes of Michael Mayer, Einmusik and Guy J, all of which have blurred the lines between techno, minimal and house music in the producers own unique way.
Chief amongst Spieth’s achievements are those of his wide-ranging label, Affin. As well as hosting a regular radio show of the same name on Proton and label nights at clubs across Europe, the imprint has clocked up 100 releases, spawned various Selected compilations (including one recently to celebrate its centenary release) and has championed music from artists like Deepchild, Little Fritter, The Dolphins, Truncate, Roberto and so many more.
Most recently, the five-year-old outlet has started Affin LTD, a sub-label putting music out on vinyl, with great looking and sounding results. It’s no wonder, then, that revered contemporary DJs like Seth Troxler, Jimpster and Laurent Garnier regularly include Affin records in their sets around the world.
Spieth himself plays a range of top European clubs on a regular basis, impressing crowds at respected venues like Culture Box, Denmark, Tresor, Berlin, Hive Zurich in Switzerland, Kater Holzig in Berlin, and many other European hotspots with his deft blend of groove, melody and atmosphere.
His latest vinyl EP release ‘Sensual’ might just be his greatest to date, with the likes of Scuba playing it in his Essential Mix, Depeche Mode’s Martin L Gore (a pop hero for Spieth) charting it on Beatport, Juan Atkins dropping it during his live Beatport stream and many other accolades across the board.
As well as that, Joachim has turned in a killer remix for Deepchild which has been heard on John Digweed’s Transitions Show, has compiled and mixed Affin Fractals – a selection of exclusive and unreleased cuts from his label that picked up great reviews across the board - and is soon to unleash his latest remixes for Enough Music and Thoughtless Music. After a decade in the game, then, Joachim Spieth is a true pillar of the electronic community.