- 1. Trio parkour (2006) for two guitars and harp 6.23 47 plays
- 2. Astragal (2007-08) for orchestra 13.51 52 plays
- 3. Dual (2004-05) for tape 10.03 59 plays
- 4. Lumen (2007) for string orchestra 7.03 47 plays
- 5. Ж (2008) for mixed choir [excerpt] 2.17 82 plays
- 6. self-aware (2011) for male accordionist and female pianist [excerpt] 3.36 136 plays
- 7. magnetic (2011) for 5 instruments [excerpt] 3.37 116 plays
- 1. (the piece speaks) - material for "self-aware" (2011) 0.53 155 plays
- 2. Chronological 'Eroica' chords - Canon à 3 2.46 501 plays
- 3. Chronological 'Eroica' chords - Canon à 6 2.55 113 plays
- 4. Eroica Timelapse 2.44 151 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Finnish composer Jarkko Hartikainen is interested in further discoveries of our reality. He believes in mankind’s constant curiosity towards the new, and in inventions in one area inspiring new innovations in many others. That including the non-verbal, even subconscious but nevertheless inherently important human communication through music.
Hartikainen studied composition at the Sibelius Academy with Paavo Heininen, and at HfMDK Frankfurt am Main with Beat Furrer, Gerhard Müller-Hornbach and Pierluigi Billone; also masterclasses with Helmut Lachenmann, Tristan Murail, Brian Ferneyhough, Enno Poppe, Wolfgang Rihm, Marco Stroppa, Jukka Tiensuu, and several others.
Hartikainen’s music has been performed worldwide, for instance at Darmstadt Ferienkurse (Germany), Musica nova Helsinki (Finland), GAIDA (Lithuania), impuls (Austria), Nordic Music Days 2010 (Denmark), frum- (Iceland), Week van de Hedendaagse Muziek te Gent (Belgium), Microscore Project (Auckland, Ohio & Los Angeles), Kyoto IMS Festival (Japan), Estonian Music Days (Estonia), Viitasaari Time of Music (Finland), as well as at his first festival as a festival director: Ung Nordisk Musik 2010 Helsinki: COLLISION!.