- 1. Jah9 - New Name 4.36 37783 plays
- 2. Jah9 - Intentions(New Name Album) 4.50 14024 plays
- 3. Jah9 - Preacher Man (New Name Album) 4.51 20005 plays
- 4. Jah9 - Interlude (New Name Album) 1.06 7028 plays
- 5. Jah9 - Gratitude (New Name Album) 4.06 19852 plays
- 6. JAH9 feat. Cedric Myton - Taken Up (New Name Album) 4.16 28049 plays
- 7. JAH9 - Avocado (New Name Album) 3.45 21879 plays
- 8. Jah9 - Mr. Right (New Name Album) 4.06 22642 plays
- 9. Jah9 - Jungle 4.07 47509 plays
- 10. JAH9 feat. Protoje - Legitimate (New Name Album) 4.17 61186 plays
- 11. JAH9 - Imagine (New Name Album) 4.19 17079 plays
- 12. JAH9 - Inner Voice(New Name Album) 4.30 8493 plays
Janine "Jah9" Cunningham
Old school blues improvisation meets hard hitting lyrical prowess in a rich imaginative blend of vocal clarity and complexity. Janine brings her refreshing mix of contemporary and conscious poetry to the stage and delivers a mature, sophisticated style with a unique and captivating energy all of her own. Her musical influences range from Billie Holiday and Nina Simone to Augustus Pablo and Sizzla Kalongi.
As a singer/songwriter/activist, Janine touches on issues ranging from social injustice, violence, politics and gender to intimate matters of the heart, mind and spirit. Janine a.k.a. ‘Jah9’ has emerged from the underground poetry/live music scene relatively unknown and has earned the hearts and respect of her peers and audiences with each encounter since.
Over the past 5 years she has been consistently and impressively making her mark on the Jamaican musical landscape, inspiring audiences and musicians alike through her songs and the live productions she has conceptualized and staged. She is now poised for heavy rotation due to her signature sound and collaborations with ace producers including Donovan Bennett of Corleon Records, Sheldon Bernard and Beres Hammond of Harmony House Music, and on her highly anticipated debut album project with Rory "Stonelove" Gilligan. The album is slated for release on February 26, 2013 but Jah9 is already in demand as a songwriter and creative director of repute.
'Jazz on Dub’ is the sound she has created - a mix of her two favourite music forms, while infusing all expressions of the arts into her live performances. She intends to take her word sounds to the world, entertaining and inspiring all along the way. This young woman is full to the brim and pouring her heart out.