- 1. All Dressed Up by jrhales3091 3.14 6 plays
- 2. Red Dress -- All Dressed In by jrhales3091 4.05 16 plays
- 3. Guilt and Sin and Skin of Silk by jrhales3091 2.37 3 plays
- 4. Not Once -- But Twice by jrhales3091 3.39 3 plays
- 5. THERE'S A LEAK ! There's a leak -- by jrhales3091 4.19 8 plays
- 6. Jake Wants a Date! ...pause for laughter by jrhales3091 1.50 1 plays
- 7. (Silence) All Dressed Down by jrhales3091 5.14 1 plays
- 1. To Give The Disease 5.48 49 plays
- 2. Sever 2.30 3 plays
- 3. Red Dress 4.05 0 plays
- 4. The Cotten less Gin 6.15 3 plays
- 5. Dancing With The Moonlit Limbs 2.18 9 plays
- 6. Love Sick 2.28 0 plays
- 7. Limb Lungs 3.58 1 plays
- 8. Little Red Devils 2.09 5 plays
- 9. Rat's Nest 2.43 5 plays
- 10. Alice Finds Home 6.26 5 plays
- 11. Nightmare's Recurring 2.20 4 plays
- 12. Deja Vu 3.20 8 plays
- 13. The Owl 6.08 11 plays
- 14. Down by the Water (Where Nightmares are Cleansed) 10.53 5 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Jacob Hales is an avant-garde and experimental multi-instrumentalist (including fluency in vocals, found and standard percussion, keyboards, and guitar) based in the heart of New York City's eclectic art and music scenes. Early on in his musical career, Jacob enjoyed rich and fruitful collaborations (usually performing guitar duties) with partner-in-crime, Jordannah Elizabeth on a number of projects. Through their friendship, they formed a short-lived, regionally-celebrated experimental duo, donning themselves Cyclical Silver Slick Sunshine, which would have the pair go on to invent a raw, mind-manifesting aesthetic of soul-inspired freak folk. This project played out live around the underground NYC for a couple of years, alongside bands with names like Baby Erection and Cave Days (2010-2011), and digitally released a single 4-track EP titled "Cult Grrlfriend" as well as a few live recordings scattered about the inner realms of the internet. Almost overlapping simultaneously, Jordannah had been working on her own, solo, Makeshivt Kity album through 2010, on which Hales offered his guitar chops and eclectic tastes in songwriting and art sounds. The MK album, "Love Forever," was released in October 2010, which was additionally supplemented by the soft release of just the sole instrumental tracks supplied by Jacob, under the title "Chrysanthemum Corner Kisses."
All along the way, Jacob was effectively growing his affinity for unusual and experimental scoring, as well as "art sounds" in the sense of musique concrète. Many of these components were inspired by legendary outsider artists who tended to think and act on the far-out fringes of mainstream culture including some of Jacob's influential heroes: Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart, Jandek, and perhaps even Frank Zappa. December 2012, saw the first official culmination of all his years spent perfecting and distorting his solo craft: the release of Hales' conceptual 14-track "Alice Finds Home." This much anticipated, cumulative release was summarized best by The Process Records' TPR-Mag.com: "...the experimental nature [of Jacob Hales] will be a trial, almost a psychological study, of hit-or-miss. If your ears have developed enough to appreciate the curious subtleties of psychedelic music, beautiful noise, and everyday sounds, there’s a good chance you will dig 'Alice Finds Home.'"