- Mr sit - the chef selection 10 for MotionFM Montreal Artwork ivansit on November 09, 2013 11:22
- Mr sit - the chef selection 9 for MotionFM Montreal Artwork ivansit on November 03, 2013 17:03
- Mr. Sit- the chef selection 8 for Motion FM Montreal Artwork ivansit on October 22, 2013 11:48
- Mr Sit - the chef selection 7 for Motion FM Montreal Artwork ivansit on October 22, 2013 11:05
- Mr. Sit - the chef selection 6 for Motion FM Montreal Artwork ivansit on October 08, 2013 12:20
Born and raised in Hong Kong Ivan a.k.a mr sit has been a DJ since 1996 in his hometown, holding residencies in the clubs Dragon-I, KEE Club, Drop and Landmark Mandarin Hotel – Mo Bar. He is notably one of Hong Kong’s top talent and is highly sought after to play for exclusive special events for which he has played for brand names like Nike, Adidas, Mercedes-Benz, Dior, Fendi, NOKIA, Motorola and HSBC to name but a few.
His wide variety of styles ranges from House, Nu-Jazz, Soul-Funk to 70s underground disco, Latino afro salsa, Bossa Nova, rare grooves and old school boogie qualifying him to be highly knowledgeable and well cultured as a DJ. As well as the ability to play in a different variety of styles he is also known for his collaborations with live musicians, performing with percussionists, vocalists and even saxophonists.
He sites Giles Peterson, Francois K, Louie Vega, Kenny Dope, Norman Jay and Kerri Chandler as his favourite DJs/producers and has had the good fortune to have supported Norman Jay and Louie Vega in the past. So it comes to no surprise that DJ Ivan has played in most of the well known entertainment establishments of Hong Kong as he is respected and revered as being at the top of his profession.
House: soulful/ funky/ disco/ deep/ jazzy/ latin/ afro
Funky break/ broken beats/ nu-jazz/ nu-disco/ disco dub/ re-edits
70’s underground disco/ old school boogie/ rare groove
80's grooves/ electro funk
Bossa nova/ brazilian beat/ dancefloor jazz/ deep funk/northern soul
Favorite djs/ producers: Gilles Peterson, Norman Jay, Francois K, UFO, Louie Vega, Kenny Dope, Karizma, Kerri Chandler, Jazztronik, Dimitri From Paris
- Dragon- i, Central (Nu-jazz, funk soul latin dancefloor beat, disco and house)
- Kee Club, Central (Nu-jazz, Parisian soul, rare groove)
- Mo Bar, Landmark Mandarin Hotel (DJ with live sax jamming for deep groove and house)
- Drop, Central (soul funk disco classic house)
- Tazmania Ballroom, (Hotel LKF 1/F, Central)
- Ozone, (Ritz Carlton Hotel 118/F, West Kowloon)