Stats for this track
More tracks by TomorrowsFutureToday
ITIL Is Not A Strategy
• Better in the 80’s
• The queens dry cleaning
• Pat bugged the queen
News – Release the news poodles!
• Tony Sale – Colossus cryptology machine – has passed away
• Indian companies don’t do bank holidays
• Chris Matchett – one hour wonder
• Pat goes to Pasha – to see David Guetta - Rum and diet coke, €15
• HP restructure – goodbye hardware
• Have you used HP’s service desk tool?
• HP were thought leaders in early ITIL
• Ashley Hanna
• Stephen Mann’s blog – Top 20 (ok, 50) ITIL adoption mistakes
• Mark Boggia – ‘ITIL is not a strategy’
• Prolin product was ground-breaking
• Hornbill does service management – HP does a lot more than that
• IBM sold their hardware business to Lenovo, doing well
• HP has to make a clear statement of commitment to ITSM market
• Barclay has his ITIL books
• Who put the BS in BSM?
• No more ITIL v3
• Blog – experiences with external support
• ISO20000 – Management control
• Can’t always find the answer in ITIL
• Apart from creating a service improvement plan, what can you do?
• Define the supply chain, and then define ownership
• Has @ITILgirl found it useful to have ITIL available as a reference?
• Had to spend days documenting a definitive software library
• @ITILgirl has little ITIL book – Key Element Guide
• Stephen Mann – Giving back to the IT Service Management community
• Has ITIL missed the line managers?
• Stats should be pull, rather than push
• Managers are used to getting reports, and ignoring them
• Stop producing your stats and see who complains
• Do we measure morale of the service desk, or staff turnover?
• The SDI Standards
• Service Desk Salaries are improving - SDI 2010 Service Desk Salary Research
• Hornbill self-service webinar – Help yourself to a better customer service
• Self-service requires on-going marketing and promotion
• Does @ITILgirl think her job is worth doing?
• The standout point is morale on the service desk
• Great to have a real practitioner on the show
• Chris Matchett has 150 Google+ invites
• Barclay Rae has never used his Google+
• Patrick Bolger prefers Twitter
• James Finister is surprised the others can even remember Google+
• @ITILgirl wants to create an anonymous Google+, but Google says No to anonymity
Next ITSMWPROW – September 2011 – What…another Evangelist