Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Gummybear International is pleased to announce the Gummibär – “Bubble Up” Remix Contest . Fans, musicians, DJs, and producers will have the chance to remix Gummibär’s latest song “Bubble Up” for a chance to win prizes and exposure.
Remixes of all styles and genres will be accepted. A panel of judges at Gummybear International will select ten of the best remixes as finalists from the lot of submissions. The top 10 finalist will be announced and put up for a public vote on Gummibar.net. The top 5 remixes with the most votes will receive prizes.
1. August 20th – September 16th, 2012 will be the remix phase. The source files will be available for download on Gummibar.net and SoundCloud. Contestants will have this time period to download the files, produce a remix and submit it for final review.
2. 11:59 PM EDT on September 16th will be the official cutoff time for submissions. No remixes submitted past the cut-off time will be considered by the judges.
3. September 17th - September 30th, 2012 will be the judging and voting phase. A panel of judges at Gummybear International will select 10 of the best remix entries to be put up for public vote on Sept 17th. A voting poll with all the final contestants will be posted to http://gummibar.net/remixcontest. Voting will end on Sept 30th.
1. Download the “Bubble Up” Source files from Gummibar.net or from the Gummibär SoundCloud anytime between August 20th – September 16th, 2012.
2. Submit your remix by 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight-Savings Time on September 16th, 2012. Submissions received past this time will be disqualified from the competition.
3. The top 10 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges on September 17th and placed on the official Gummibär Remix Contest Poll. Voting will end on September 30th. During the voting period, finalists are encouraged to share their remixes across social media networks and direct friends to vote for their remix. The top 5 remixes with the most votes will receive prizes. Finalists and winners will be announced on Gummibar.net and contacted by Gummybear International via SoundCloud’s direct message system. Please be sure you check your SoundCloud message inbox. Once the winners are announced, they have 5 business days to claim their prizes. After 5 business days with no response, winners forfeit all prizes.
4. All submissions will be made on SoundCloud via the “Official Gummibar Bubble Remix Contest” group drop box. Remix files must either be in 44.1 kHz/16 bit WAV format or 320 kbps MP3 format. Contest finalist must enable the downloading of their track on SoundCloud.
5. All of the Bubble Up source audio files and the resulting remixes are subject to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license. This license allows you to alter the work (as in a remix), copy, distribute and transmit the work, but Gummybear International remains the intellectual property owner of the source files and therefore becomes the owner of any derived works. As a result, you are not permitted to use your remix of “Bubble Up” or use any of the source audio files of “Bubble Up” commercially.
6. All remix entries must adhere to the following naming system in order to qualify for the contest and comply with the CC license. When uploading to SoundCloud, name your file: “Gummibär -Bubble Up – [Your Name or Psuedonym] Remix Contest Entry.” Also, paste this text anywhere in the description: © & ℗ 2012 Gummybear International.
You are also required to attribute this information when posting your remix anywhere else on the internet.
7. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting records or remixes is prohibited. Gummybear International reserves the right to use all remixes, whether entered into the contest or not, for their own commercial purposes.
8. Remixes do not have to use all of the source files provided but must use at least one. Contestants may alter or rearrange the source files as they please. Remixes containing “uncleared samples” will be disqualified (sound samples to which you do not own the copyright or have permission to use).
9. Each contestant may enter only one remix. For any contestant who submits more than one remix, only their first submission will be considered for the contest. Anyone caught submitting multiple remixes via multiple SoundCloud accounts will be disqualified completely.
Grand Prize: The person with the remix that gets the most votes will receive a new 16 GB Apple iPad 2
Second Place: The person with the remix that gets the second most votes will receive a new 8 GB Apple iPod Touch
Third Place: The person with the remix that gets the third most votes will receive a Gummibär Merch Basket. Includes Gummibär Singing Plush Toy, Gummibär T-Shirt of Choice, “I’m Your Gummybear” CD and DVD, “La La Love To Dance” CD, “Christmas Jollies” CD, Gummibär Flash Drive and 1 dozen assorted stickers.
4th and 5th runners up will also receive an “I’m Your Gummybear” CD, DVD and “La La Love To Dance” CD