- 1. Who'll Save The Working Class (Pall of a Past World song) 5.04 568 plays
- 2. Banty Rooster (Collaboration with Fossil60) 3.44 506 plays
- 3. Death Medley 2.32 443 plays
- 4. Sweet Child Of Mine 6.08 7106 plays
- 5. Another Way (Kelly Pullen collaboration) 3.19 351 plays
- 6. Cupid (collaboration with Prawnsontoast) 2.49 349 plays
- 7. Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel (Collaboration with Fossil60) 2.37 918 plays
- 8. Need Somebody On Your Bond (Fossil60 collaboration) 3.04 395 plays
- 9. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning colab with Fossil60 4.11 297 plays
- 10. (Offer Me) A Clean Slate 3.01 237 plays
- 11. I See A Darkness (collaboration with Anju) 4.43 475 plays
- 12. Dawn (Again) 6.22 251 plays
- 13. A Victorian Portrait (Idris Sings Idris) colaboration with Telefan 4.12 364 plays
- 14. Unopened Letter (Telefan song with my vocals) 2.59 250 plays
iPhone Covers (free download link to full set in blurb) 5 tracks, 21.28 Idris Davies on August 08, 2012 06:49
- 1. Hush Little Baby (traditional) 2.47 528 plays
- 2. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Rolling Stones cover) 5.15 2057 plays
- 3. Blues Before Sunrise (Leroy Carr & Scrapper Blackwell cover) 5.56 681 plays
- 4. My Wife's Hometown (Bob Dylan cover) 2.56 409 plays
- 5. Fan It (alternate take) 4.32 195 plays
- 1. Recluse Blues 0.30 315 plays
- 2. Paradise Song 4.29 404 plays
- 3. Those Nobody Blues (What's My Name) 0.30 227 plays
- 4. Worn Boots Mama 4.03 319 plays
- 5. Is It Any Wonder 0.30 104 plays
- 6. Sun In The Morning 2.38 483 plays
- 7. Idris' Blind Man Blues 0.30 183 plays
- 8. The Devil And Me Blues 0.30 247 plays
- 9. Summertime 0.30 182 plays
- 1. Thinkin' of you 3.41 426 plays
- 2. Song to Bobby 4.32 359 plays
- 3. Blind Blues 0.30 193 plays
- 4. The Devil and Me Blues 0.30 204 plays
- 5. Stop Breakin Down Blues 0.30 166 plays
- 6. It Hurts Me Too 0.30 212 plays
- 7. Every Grain Of Sand 4.27 601 plays
- 8. Home 4.36 283 plays
- 9. Stop Breaking Down Live 0.30 176 plays
- 10. BONUS TRACK - Song to Bobby (original recording) 7.00 234 plays
- 11. Every Grain Of Sand (Original) 0.30 114 plays
- DOWNLOAD DENTAL DEMOS EP NOW!
- NOW ON FACEBOOK!
- Idris Davies 2005-2007
- Idris Davies 2008-2010
- One of my favourate bands! Everyone needs to hear these guys!
- Guitarist and composer I've been lucky enough to collaborate with
- Greatest voice on Soundcloud.
- Me on Reverb Nation
- MY FIRST EVER MUSIC VIDEO!!
- My favourite Soundclouder - Tyler Fogerty
- Wheelbellow Page
NEW MUSIC VIDEO COMING OCTOBER 2012!
"There is a lot in Idris' music that is highly original even though he's treading a well-worn path. His delivery is so personal and intimate. An instant classic" - Mark J Bennet, Soundcloud
GREETINGS and welcome to my page! So at the minute I'm compiling all of my recent work into a new album which will hopefully be recorded this Autumn..! In the meantime however I'm very excited to announce that my first music video is soon to be published by WheelBellow! I've seen a first draft and I'm really pleased with it! Can't wait!
I draw from traditional songs, ideas and phrases and weave them into my songs and to add to the rich tapestry of folk music. But I've not always been a musician, I trained in architecture and as a child I never really engaged with music. It was only later when I discovered one of my mothers Lightning Hopkins records gathering dust and put it on. Boy! Well that started it for me and I've not looked back since. I now live in Peckham, South London where I work behind a local bar and play the other side of it too, often (and happily) through the night.
I started recording when I started writing as this was the best way, I felt, to keep a record of the music. Upon joining SC I've arranged most of my recordings into 6 albums and an EP. The first 3 albums, from the early days, I call Bootlegs (the last of these being Testerest, The Best of The Rest). These 3 albums really illustrate my learning process. Imitations - you can hear me trying to sound like Dylan I'm sure on a couple of tracks. And there are also the first songs I wrote there - love songs of course! The last 3 albums I've compiled under the sub-title Sketch Songs as they're all just sketches. But, ranging from 2008 - 2011 they represent the more recent work from me. The last, The Dental Demos EP is just the result of a recording oppotunity I had earlier this year. Foolishly I just recorded the songs off the top of my head and none of the new songs I'd been writing at the time. So I've saved these up and now have loads of material for my next album. I really want to put everything into this one. I have a couple of collaborations lined up, duets and such, as well as other experimentation's but I really want to do it right - and that means preparation! So I'm not rushing anything but hope to have things ready to go into the studio in a month or so - about the time my music video will be released!
Well, anyway, I'm rambling - sorry!
All that left to say really is thanks for visiting my page and I hope you enjoy what you hear!
"The first time I listened to [Idris], I thought just maybe, Nick Drake was alive and well and hiding out in the UK" - Mimi Cross sirenstories.com
To hear the Bootlegs simply click on the soundcloud link way up above.
~The Bootlegification Vol 1
~The Bootlegification Vol 2
~Testerest - The Best Of The Rest
~SKETCH SONGS - In The Trees
~SKETCH SONGS - The Sternhall Sessions
~SKETCH SONGS - Peckham Melodies
~The Dental Demos EP