- 1. Who'll Save The Working Class (Pall of a Past World song) 5.04 463 plays
- 2. Banty Rooster (Collaboration with Fossil60) 3.44 448 plays
- 3. Death Medley 2.32 393 plays
- 4. Sweet Child Of Mine 6.08 3806 plays
- 5. Another Way (Kelly Pullen collaboration) 3.19 259 plays
- 6. Cupid (collaboration with Prawnsontoast) 2.49 284 plays
- 7. Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel (Collaboration with Fossil60) 2.37 814 plays
- 8. Need Somebody On Your Bond (Fossil60 collaboration) 3.04 366 plays
- 9. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning colab with Fossil60 4.11 280 plays
- 10. (Offer Me) A Clean Slate 3.01 227 plays
- 11. I See A Darkness (collaboration with Anju) 4.43 421 plays
- 12. Dawn (Again) 6.22 241 plays
- 13. A Victorian Portrait (Idris Sings Idris) colaboration with Telefan 4.12 294 plays
- 14. Unopened Letter (Telefan song with my vocals) 2.59 221 plays
iPhone Covers (free download link to full set in blurb) 5 tracks, 21.28 Idris Davies on August 08, 2012 06:49
- 1. Hush Little Baby (traditional) 2.47 434 plays
- 2. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Rolling Stones cover) 5.15 1345 plays
- 3. Blues Before Sunrise (Leroy Carr & Scrapper Blackwell cover) 5.56 456 plays
- 4. My Wife's Hometown (Bob Dylan cover) 2.56 346 plays
- 5. Fan It (alternate take) 4.32 183 plays
- 1. Recluse Blues 0.30 298 plays
- 2. Paradise Song 4.29 376 plays
- 3. Those Nobody Blues (What's My Name) 0.30 212 plays
- 4. Worn Boots Mama 4.03 287 plays
- 5. Is It Any Wonder 0.30 92 plays
- 6. Sun In The Morning 2.38 284 plays
- 7. Idris' Blind Man Blues 0.30 179 plays
- 8. The Devil And Me Blues 0.30 214 plays
- 9. Summertime 0.30 177 plays
- 1. Thinkin' of you 3.41 390 plays
- 2. Song to Bobby 4.32 319 plays
- 3. Blind Blues 0.30 186 plays
- 4. The Devil and Me Blues 0.30 186 plays
- 5. Stop Breakin Down Blues 0.30 148 plays
- 6. It Hurts Me Too 0.30 196 plays
- 7. Every Grain Of Sand 4.27 365 plays
- 8. Home 4.36 277 plays
- 9. Stop Breaking Down Live 0.30 162 plays
- 10. BONUS TRACK - Song to Bobby (original recording) 7.00 224 plays
- 11. Every Grain Of Sand (Original) 0.30 98 plays
- DOWNLOAD DENTAL DEMOS EP NOW!
- NOW ON FACEBOOK!
- Idris Davies 2005-2007
- Idris Davies 2008-2010
- One of my favourate bands! Everyone needs to hear these guys!
- Guitarist and composer I've been lucky enough to collaborate with
- Greatest voice on Soundcloud.
- Me on Reverb Nation
- MY FIRST EVER MUSIC VIDEO!!
- My favourite Soundclouder - Tyler Fogerty
- Wheelbellow Page
NEW MUSIC VIDEO COMING OCTOBER 2012!
"There is a lot in Idris' music that is highly original even though he's treading a well-worn path. His delivery is so personal and intimate. An instant classic" - Mark J Bennet, Soundcloud
GREETINGS and welcome to my page! So at the minute I'm compiling all of my recent work into a new album which will hopefully be recorded this Autumn..! In the meantime however I'm very excited to announce that my first music video is soon to be published by WheelBellow! I've seen a first draft and I'm really pleased with it! Can't wait!
I draw from traditional songs, ideas and phrases and weave them into my songs and to add to the rich tapestry of folk music. But I've not always been a musician, I trained in architecture and as a child I never really engaged with music. It was only later when I discovered one of my mothers Lightning Hopkins records gathering dust and put it on. Boy! Well that started it for me and I've not looked back since. I now live in Peckham, South London where I work behind a local bar and play the other side of it too, often (and happily) through the night.
I started recording when I started writing as this was the best way, I felt, to keep a record of the music. Upon joining SC I've arranged most of my recordings into 6 albums and an EP. The first 3 albums, from the early days, I call Bootlegs (the last of these being Testerest, The Best of The Rest). These 3 albums really illustrate my learning process. Imitations - you can hear me trying to sound like Dylan I'm sure on a couple of tracks. And there are also the first songs I wrote there - love songs of course! The last 3 albums I've compiled under the sub-title Sketch Songs as they're all just sketches. But, ranging from 2008 - 2011 they represent the more recent work from me. The last, The Dental Demos EP is just the result of a recording oppotunity I had earlier this year. Foolishly I just recorded the songs off the top of my head and none of the new songs I'd been writing at the time. So I've saved these up and now have loads of material for my next album. I really want to put everything into this one. I have a couple of collaborations lined up, duets and such, as well as other experimentation's but I really want to do it right - and that means preparation! So I'm not rushing anything but hope to have things ready to go into the studio in a month or so - about the time my music video will be released!
Well, anyway, I'm rambling - sorry!
All that left to say really is thanks for visiting my page and I hope you enjoy what you hear!
"The first time I listened to [Idris], I thought just maybe, Nick Drake was alive and well and hiding out in the UK" - Mimi Cross sirenstories.com
To hear the Bootlegs simply click on the soundcloud link way up above.
~The Bootlegification Vol 1
~The Bootlegification Vol 2
~Testerest - The Best Of The Rest
~SKETCH SONGS - In The Trees
~SKETCH SONGS - The Sternhall Sessions
~SKETCH SONGS - Peckham Melodies
~The Dental Demos EP