“VanCity’s most underrated DJ…” ~ Vinyl Ritchie a.k.a. Wicked Lester
From funk & soul, to latin, dub, breakbeats, to 80’s, dance classics and beyond…DJ Hubbz is strictly for those who are in for a raw musical feast.
By day, he sorts through countless bins of old and dusty gems while managing the West Coast’s institutional vinyl dugout, Beatstreet Records. By night, he gathers up what he does by day, and lines them all up to fuel his creativity as a DJ/producer. His collection is vast, and he has no boundaries when it comes to playing an extended set. He’ll seamlessly thread borders of all different genres while intuitively keeping the floor on lock.
Boasting one of Vancouver’s most successful weeklies (6 years strong) with partner DJ Evo, “The Payback” on Saturday nights at Bayside Lounge is one of the longest running funk nights in the city. Steering patrons far away from the commercial top 40/popular music, The Payback is the exclusive den for true music enthusiasts and is deemed one of the best aural escapes on a Saturday night within city limits.
Catch Hubbz at any of his weekly residencies:
• (TUE) Bayside Lounge 1755 Davie St. Resident, “Rub-A-Dub Tuesdays”
• (THU) Charles Bar 136 W. Cordova St. Resident “Brand New Bag”
• (FRI) The Ascot 420 W. Pender St. Resident, “Places & Spaces”
• (SAT) Bayside Lounge 1755 Davie St. Resident, “The Payback”
• 2013 Red Bull Thre3style Competition - Hubbz throws down an all 45’ set. The only DJ in competition to do so, and the very first DJ ever in the history of 3 Styles to bring this element to set on stage.
• Official remix of Solo Moderna’s “Helium Dance” came out on SMR Records (Holland). Release date: July 15th, 2013