Leonidas & Hobbes, Machines, Tapes & Electronic Setups EP 5 tracks, 33.25 hobbes on November 27, 2012 12:18
- 1. Leonidas & Hobbes, Driftin' 8.03 1002 plays 119.0 BPM
- 2. Leonidas & Hobbes, Jackin Pschidt 7.13 290 plays 120.0 BPM
- 3. Leonidas & Hobbes, Penthouse Dub 6.30 259 plays 123.0 BPM
- 4. Leonidas & Hobbes, Pavement K 5.54 170 plays 109.0 BPM
- 5. Leonidas & Hobbes, Program 5.44 208 plays 86.0 BPM
- 6. Leonidas & Hobbes, Penthouse Dub 04 5.45 118 plays 123.0 BPM
- 7. Leonidas & Hobbes, ARLS-1139 (Hobbes rough edit on the fly) 6.27 146 plays 117.0 BPM
- 8. Leonidas & Hobbes, Spring Madness 8.30 132 plays 125.0 BPM
- 9. Leonidas & Hobbes, Heavy Weather (Leo & Hobbes's dawn mix) 8.21 186 plays 127.0 BPM
- 10. Leonidas & Hobbes, Jackin Pschidt 04b (dub) 6.16 27 plays
- 11. Hobbes & Flooze, The Group 4.50 181 plays 115.0 BPM
- 12. Leonidas & Hobbes with Lea McMahon, Nothing More (demo) 7.38 232 plays 90.0 BPM
- 13. Leonidas & Hobbes, ARLS-1138 6.28 112 plays 114.5 BPM
- 14. Hobbes & Flooze, Crisis & Hope 5.26 107 plays 120.0 BPM
- 15. Hobbes & Flooze, Shimmer (new mix) 4.59 102 plays 130.0 BPM
- 16. Hobbes & Flooze, A Bout De Souffle 6.30 607 plays 130.0 BPM
- 1. Piramis, Dracula (Hobbes's cheeky extended edit) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 5.49 144 plays
- Download track Go to track Adeva, In & Out Of My Life (Leonidas & Hobbes raw-ass old skool electro mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD*2. Adeva, In & Out Of My Life (Leonidas & Hobbes raw-ass old skool electro mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 4.34 428 plays 126.8 BPM
- 3. The Son(s), Slow & Easy (Leonidas & Hobbes remix) 17 - UNMASTERED 9.53 296 plays
- Download track Go to track Wazmo Nariz, Tele-Tele-Telephone (Hobbes's Cheeky Extended Edit) *FREE DOWNLOAD*4. Wazmo Nariz, Tele-Tele-Telephone (Hobbes's Cheeky Extended Edit) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 4.12 98 plays
- 5. Silver Columns, Brow Beaten (Leonidas & Hobbes remix) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 6.21 222 plays 140.0 BPM
- 6. The Beatles, Lady Madonna (Leonidas & Hobbes remix) 8.53 821 plays 109.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track The Boogiemen, Dr Boogie (Leo & Hobbes On the Case instrumental mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD*7. The Boogiemen, Dr Boogie (Leo & Hobbes On the Case instrumental mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 7.20 338 plays 95.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track The Boogiemen feat. BEP, Dr Boogie (Leo & Hobbes On The Radio mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD*8. The Boogiemen feat. BEP, Dr Boogie (Leo & Hobbes On The Radio mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 4.33 232 plays 95.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track The Boogiemen feat. BEP, Dr Boogie (Leo & Hobbes Extended Voc Mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD*9. The Boogiemen feat. BEP, Dr Boogie (Leo & Hobbes Extended Voc Mix) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 7.20 272 plays 95.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track Of Montreal, Famine Affair (Leonidas & Hobbes's Aftermath remix) *FREE DOWNLOAD*10. Of Montreal, Famine Affair (Leonidas & Hobbes's Aftermath remix) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 6.13 602 plays 68.0 BPM
- 11. Sticky Fingers, Party Song (The Boogiemen edit) *FREE DOWNLOAD* 7.52 173 plays 97.0 BPM
HOBBES MUSIC | HOBBESMUSIC.CO.UK
The Hobbes Music label launched in early 2013. hobbesmusic.co.uk has been running as a blog since early 2011.
TROUBLE | GETINTOTROUBLE.COM
Following ten years of hosting Edinburgh's Radio 1 award-nominated Trouble club nights (originally Trouble At The Bluenote) and holding down DJ spots all over Scotland (Cabaret Voltaire, Bongo Club, The Voodoo Rooms and the Jazz Bar/Blue Note in Edinburgh; Slabs Of The Tabernacle/Glasgow; Snafu/Aberdeen; The Reading Rooms/Dundee) and as one half of the Trouble DJs, Hobbes has exposed his DJing style to some of the finest clubs and festivals all over the world. From tiny sweat-boxes and after-hours affairs in London to super-clubs in Shanghai and Beijing, Rob Da Bank's massive Big Top tent at Bestival to wee hot-spots in Warsaw, Sardinia, Vienna, Paris, Berlin, Derry, Ghent, Zadar (Soundwave) and Belgrade, not to mention other UK festivals such as the Big Chill, T in The Park, Knockengorroch and Secret Garden Party, sharing the stage with acts such as Santogold, The Human League and Chromeo, among myriad others, Hobbes's music knows no bounds.
He has worked with countless names from across the soul/dance spectrum: Candi Staton, Marlena Shaw, Horace Andy, Arrested Development, Ashely Beedle, Norman Jay, Jazzie B (Soul II Soul), Daddy G (Massive Attack), Dego (4hero), Fat Freddys Drop, The Black Seeds, Shapeshifter, Roy Ayers, The Headhunters, Mr Scruff, Greg Wilson, Gilles Peterson, Rainer Truby, The Unabombers, Mark Rae, Jazzanova, Crazy P, The Nextmen, Quantic, Alice Russell, Mim Suleiman, Horse Meat Disco, The Herbaliser, Aim, Ben Westbeech, Dixon, Ame, The Revenge, Bugz In The Attic, DJ Vadim, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Domu, Mark Pritchard (Harmonic 313), Neil Landstrumm, Kirk Degiorgio, Ian O'Brien, The Bays, Patife, Drumagick, Fernanda Porto, Craig Smith/6th Borough Project, Gareth Sommerville, Hudson Mohawke, LuckyMe, Linkwood, Quarion, Silver Columns, Auntie Flo, Fudge Fingas, Lone, Discopolis, Mount Kimbie, Creep, Redinho, Actress... See the 2002-09 list here: http://www.getintotrouble.com/acts_staged.php
Espousing a broad music policy at Trouble, that's simply 'future-retro' (where future classics rub up against genuine classics), Hobbes knows exactly how to rock the party and always recognises a good groove when he hears one, no matter what musical pigeon-hole people are stuffing it into this week.
Going back underground in 2012, Trouble's dance floor fire is currently being stoked by a series of warehouse parties in a bespoke, secret location on the outskirts of Edinburgh city centre. There are no posters or flyers for these events. They are strictly word-of-mouth affairs. Follow hobbes on Facebook and/or Twitter (see links above) to stay in the loop.
2012 also sees the development of a label arm, hobbesmusic, to release some of the studio productions created with Leonidas (see link above), alongside a special remix series, to mark the tenth anniversary of Trouble, featuring favourites old and new, much like the nights and DJ sets themselves... Watch this space and the hobbesmusic website (link above) for more info on that.
Hobbes is also one half of the Black Spring DJs, the brains behind Limbo (and the Limbo Live compilations). Limbo has been described as 'a barometer of pop' by the press and is widely recognised as the best place to see the most exciting new bands in Scotland right now. Previous live acts include Marina And The Diamonds, Frightened Rabbit, Broken Records, Micachu And The Shapes, James Pants, Found, Electronicat, xvectors, Findo Gask, Fangs, Meursault, Sparrow And The Workshop, Zoey Van Goey, Night Noise Team, The Chap, Miss le Bomb, Wounded Knee, Come On Gang!, Pit Er Pat, Colourmusic, The Lovely Eggs, A-lix, Modernaire, Jo Gideon And The Shark, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Paul Vickers & The Leg, Punch & The Apostles, Withered Hand, Unicorn Kid, Sara & The Snakes, The Vivians and Dollskabeat.
'Clubbers Decktionary' (monthly column), The List Magazine (March 2011 - present)
Weekly Clubs Page, Metro 'Life' Newspaper (2000- 2007)
PRESS, ENDORSEMENTS & OTHER ACCOLADES
(Trouble) placed 60th in The List’s Hot 100 ‘definitive list of Scottish Creative Talent’ for 2011
‘Regular gig-in-a-club-night Limbo has taken solid steps to unite Edinburgh’s eclectic music scene’ (The Guardian, October ‘11)
‘Even one promoter can make a difference and thanks to the renewed efforts of Limbo, the capital is starting to feel a little bit more exciting’ (The Scotsman, March ‘11)
‘(Trouble’s) Devil Disco Club are creating a new late-night soundtrack for the city, that draws on New York’s nu disco dives and mixes them with an anything goes attitude that worships good music whatever genre it may come from’ (The List, Student Club Guide, Sept 2010)
‘Trouble’s Devil Disco Club has gained something of a die-hard following of late’ (The Skinny, ‘Heads Up’, July 2010)
‘Totally tore up Sneaky Pete’s – a must-see’ (Nick Stewart, Sneaky Pete’s, 2010)