The HTML5 widget is faster, easier to share and you can comment and like the sound right away. Works on mobile too!
I don't quite understand why the winner was not even properly announced. As I participant I'm very disappointed how everything's been handled... I mean, not even email saying "hey thanks, good luck next time" at least announce the winner next.
well, I'd like to thank every single one of you for participating in this contest. I listened to all of the remixes, good and bad I enjoyed them all. It's been a wicked and interesting, best of luck to everyone.
@CalebGolston: lmao this is the music of the future.. any word on the azimuth remix competition? cause i'm already tired of seeng it's name every day, as enjoyable as it was the first time i saw it...
hmmmm okay congrats to the winner, but is there someone who knows how it is possible that i find my version in a playlist (the download is off) STRANGE!!
Orquesm’s remix of Marco Bailey’s Bom Bang is in top chart from DJ NICKO IZZO (know from Global Underground, Pacha Ibiza to name a few
Chart DJ NICKO IZZO – Feb 2011
1) Danny Howells – Black Cat
2) Tom Middleton – Cicadas (Maya Jane Coles Mix)
3) Dop – No more daddy (Ame remix)
4) James zabiela – Blame (Tom Buddens Remix)
5) Andreas Bergmann – Toast (Estroe Remix)
6) Dave Angel – Cottage Industry (Dave Angel Mix)
7) Orbital – Halcyon & On & On (Aaron Static)
8 ) Till von sein – Injoy
9) Robert_babicz – Bangaday
10) Marco_bailey – Bill the trumpet player
11) Marco Bailey – Bom Bang! (Orquesm remix)
Wow, I didn't realize there was this much dissension regarding the contest.
Not that- as a contributing remixer- I wasn't bitter about the results ;-) BUT, still congrats to df for the win.
But wait wait wait, sorry. My original intent was to dispel one of the items brought up repeatedly, not sit here and bitch and moan... 'fit in'...
About the issue of listens... being a (cheapo) premium user, I know that mine got listened to by Digweed/Bedrock Records --4 times in fact-- OooOOooo, somebody touch me. I may have had a few releases, but I wouldn't categorize myself as 'established'; nor would my collection of friends and acquaintances be enough to be categorically identified as a 'fanbase'- my point being, it's not entirely as suspicious in that regard. Well, not a 100% valid accusation ;-)
Awesome remix. Great job and congratulations Malcom
"""""""John Digweed Marco and myself have been blown away by the response to the remix competition. After taking our time going through the 280 entries we finally have a winner, congratulations to Deepfunk, his remix is here http://tinyurl.com/deepfunk. We would like to thank everybody for taking the time and delivering some great remixes.... You can still listen to all the entries here http://tinyurl.com/remixgroup. """"""
I know my remix is far from the best ones I heard, but I have to agree with a few things here.
1. I know my remix might seem insignificant compared to others, especially because it was in a style not so popular with Bedrock records, but the thought that probably not even one of the so called judges has listened even to a portion of it is... aggravating, to say the least. That kind of disrespect gets your ship sunk, John and Marco, or at least it did for a lot of us here.
2. Deepfunk's so called "remix" is really a good track on its own. But still it has nearly nothing in common with the source material. Come to think of it, maybe that's better this way. The remix, even though it's not what I'd call a remix, is still miles better than the quite boring "original" which doesn't even sound that original in the first place.
3. If I understood the rules correctly, Deepfunk won't get any royalties from the sales of his remix. Which would suck. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be bought many more times than the original itself. I sincerely hope I'm wrong because at the end of the day nothing shows better what people really appreciate than what they are willing to send their cash towards. And I'm quite confident that Deepfunk's remix is going to popularize the original track, if that's even possible, rather than the other way around.
With that being said I hope that the original track fails to get attention because that is what it deserves - it's utterly boring (one of the big reasons I decided to make a shot at remixing it (there was simply no conceivable way to make it more boring) and unoriginal and it should go out with barely a puff, unless some snobs decide to blow it into a fire, just cause ya know it's John Digweed and Marco Bailey.
Good luck to you all with your future and current projects!
Thanks for you post Dave Moran. .
This is a shame that this competition was posted on findremix.com where there is alot of official remixes and hereafter having things figuered out because there is something strange the way it was organized. Glad you pointed out that as a premium user you didn't see neither Marco or John play your remix, I found it also quite weird that their wasn't atleast a top 3. .
If this is indeed a scam, the best we can do is advise soundcloud and places where we organize these competitions so this doesn't happen again.
it may be critical yes, but lets face it, he aint gonna waft trough 250+ remixes when he already has the winner picked from day 1 is he ? and lets say he did listen to the remixes logged out, then what about Marco ? the same for him too ? if at least one of them showed up in the stats that would be ok, but i can guarantee you there was neither party's on this page.
if there was, it would of taken them a lot more time to pick a winner, there might of even been some comments by them, and certainly the spam and non related mixes/dj mixes would of been removed, and some select people would of been told to stop bumping up their mixes to the top as that was happening a lot too.. like i said ...NO Interaction whatsoever from marco or john.
deepfunks remix is a good track,not a remix . it has nothing in common with the original.weather he uses 1 element or 5 elements, the whole purpose of a remix is so when you hear it you can identify it as a "remix of the original" you can spot sounds from the original track. in deepfunks remix you have to search hard and listen carefully for those sounds and then when you do you would still never tell it was a remix of bom bang. its way too distant.
also the fact that they do not appear in the listeners-list is critical. ok, this can easily happen if the listener does not log in but it's a very important thing to recognize when doing a remix contest...
© 2007-2016 SoundCloud Ltd. All rights reserved.
Enter your email address and we’ll send you a link to change your password. If you still need help,
visit our Help Center.