- 1. Fortune Pick 4.18 847 plays
- 2. Take the Bull by the Horns- (Kariga Mombe) 3.53 734 plays
- 3. These Petals 4.01 599 plays
- 4. Nautilus Shell 4.20 682 plays
- 5. Chemical Reaction 5.08 256 plays
- 6. Moving Sea Between 4.58 971 plays
- 7. Mandoline (Tuck Away) 4.00 323 plays
- 8. Forbidden Fruit- (Pasos por Obatala) 3.41 138 plays
- 9. Centrifuge 5.19 324 plays
- 10. Bewaa's Bell 5.20 370 plays
- 11. Demure with Lace Frills 5.11 478 plays
- 12. Bass Jump 5.00 149 plays
- 13. Meet Me in the Middle 4.56 512 plays
- 14. Stay Awhile 2.49 312 plays
Gina Ferrera is a visionary with a passion for folkloric drum, dance music and their combined expression in electronic music. Gina is a seasoned drummer & percussionist, an educator, and a specialist in African music and emerging technology. Her explosive polyrhythmic performances feature a hybrid of live percussion and electronic drums, juggling different styles of African traditional drum & dance music. She seamlessly fuses ancient tribal rhythms, both intimate and driving, with live production, looping, sampling and vocal effects in Ableton.
Utilizing a hybrid of organic percussion, the alternate mode trapKAT (custom electronic drum setup), xylophones and a unique rhythmic dialogue, Gina Ferrera weaves her tale: "Laws of Nature". Breathtaking in its sonic range and richly evocative in content, the album seamlessly bridges the ancient and the contemporary, unfolding a world of contrasts and textures that reveals multiple new layers with each listening.
"Laws of Nature" is a stimulating experience that crosses the spiritual with the sensual to the pure essence of sound. It’s at once a highly intimate statement yet one that crashes through boundaries and speaks to anyone whose path it crosses.
Gina Ferrera (aka) FOXY la TIGRE:
FOXY la TIGRE
for collaborations, stems, downloads or booking