- 1. 1. Intro: The Journey Begins 2.27 212 plays
- 2. 2. A-side: In The Beginning There Was The Light 5.59 220 plays
- 3. 3. Tunnel of Dreams 3.28 139 plays
- 4. 4. On the Shore Of The Cosmic Ocean 5.31 130 plays
- 5. 5. Quantum Jump 2.49 221 plays
- 6. 6. Into the Maze 2.26 123 plays
- 7. 7. Unplugged (The Great Void) 2.56 169 plays
- 8. 8. In the Desert with Mr. 'Time' 3.44 76 plays
- 9. 9. Dimensional Shift (The Photon Belt) 1.33 122 plays
- 10. 10. Escaping From The Illusion (Wake Up Call) 3.45 151 plays
- 11. 11. Interlude: And the Light Was With Everyone... 3.17 232 plays
- 12. 12. B-side: In Search For The Self 2.56 1258 plays
- 13. 13. The Balance of Polarities 8.13 141 plays
- 14. 14. Saturnine Night 8.21 131 plays
- 15. 15. Aurora 5.26 1037 plays
- 16. 16. Sidereus Nuncius 3.06 169 plays
- 17. 17. Outro: I Speak For Earth... 2.25 234 plays
''My first official album, 'In The Beginning There Was The Light', is a journey through my own world as a composer and a pianist; throughout the whole process of making it I experimented with different genres -Neoclassical, Experimental, Soundtrack, Solo Piano, Nujazz, and New Age among others- given that each song had a different role to play in the album. I wanted the music to tell a story, or perhaps, the story to have some music, but that was the main reason why I decided ITBTWTL to be a conceptual album, something with a central message/melody that could be used for a film or a play. I invite you to explore the story and for you to be part of this musical journey I created with passion and love; hope you enjoy it.''
Hi everyone, my name is Gabriel Ruata, born and raised in Guatemala City, Guatemala, a small country located in the northern part of Central America. Ever since I was a kid, I loved classical music and always felt a special connection with any kind of musical expression. It seems, somehow, that there was some kind of rhythm in my soul that made me feel music in a special way.
From among all the musical instruments at my disposition, there was something about the piano that called to me, maybe it was the smell of the wood, maybe it was the beautiful marble keys, maybe it was Chopin or Beethoven calling me, I did not know by then, but there was something mesmerizing about it. That’s why I started playing the piano at age 11; I enrolled in music classes and kept at it for 6 years, after that, I figured it was time I started experimenting with music on my own.
I graduated from school in 2003 and enrolled in Law School after that. After almost 7 years of studying law and finally becoming a lawyer, I decided it was the perfect time to pursue my dream: becoming a music composer, a musician, and an artist.
I studied Music Production and Audio Engineering at Harbourside Institute of Technology in North Vancouver, Canada in 2011; after I graduated from the program, I decided it was time to start doing something more concrete than just individual tunes, so I embarked in the adventure of making a music album.