Stats for this track
More tracks by FRNSWmedia
A media alert for coastal media and communities after a man was injured opening a canister containing toxic material.
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) was called to a home at Failford on the NSW mid-North Coast yesterday evening (14/2/13) after a resident was overcome with fumes from a highly toxic aluminium phosphide canister found on a beach.
The fisherman took the canister home where he opened it to have a look at what was inside. The man was overcome with the fumes from the canister’s contents but was able to call Triple Zero (000). Firefighters removed the canister and the man was taken to hospital by Ambulance Service of NSW (ASNSW) paramedics as a precaution.
The canisters are about 21cm high and 10cm wide. FRNSW has also alerted other emergency services, local government authorities and Surf Lifesaving NSW.