Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
• Originally founded as a solo project for singer-songwriter Aaron Ruffcorn, over the years Favorite Shape Triangle developed into a highly collaborative four-man band. In April 2013, however, the Milwaukee-based FST live project was retired, and Ruffcorn returned to his solo studio projects.
• Ruffcorn founded FST in Iowa City, IA, circa 1999. Many years and demo albums later, FST released two solo LP's: FAVORITE SHAPE TRIANGLE (2007) and AGAINST TIME (2009). A third solo album, entitled PRISM, is nearing completion. PRISM is slated for release on October 1st, 2013.
• Back in 2010, Ruffcorn rounded up a supporting band to bring FST live. Over the course of its three years as a four-piece, FST live played the local scene quite successfully; including outstanding gigs at the Harley-Davidson Roadhouse (Summerfest '12), the Cascio Groove Stage (Summerfest '12), Steel Bridge Songfest ('11 & '12), MKE's Brady Street Festival ('11), the Up & Under's Battle of the Bands ('11 Finalists, '12 Winners), and a live radio show on WMSE 91.7FM.
• In 2011, FST live released an EP. Recorded live, with no overdubs, BEAUTIFUL HARM was engineered by Sam Farrar (Phantom Planet). Farrar's production just previous was Maroon 5's "Hands All Over."
• Check out everything FST at favoriteshapetriangle.com