Stats for this track
For the heck of it, this was the demo version of the audio track accompanying the trailer, given to me by the Unleashed Project team. It's essentially a copypasta shuffled version of the actual Dark Gaia Phase 2 track off the OST, to make up a condensed version of the original song form of Endless Possibilities.
I found it a little hilarious that Dark Gaia is credited to "Tokyo Philharmonic" (Some parts are, just... not the Endless Possibilities parts, quite obviously) so I took it on myself at the last minute to throw together a remake that does the project justice.
Due to the speed required to put this together, the final version is mostly MIDI/sequenced, with Ethan recording the lead lines for the guitar at the same time I was putting the track together. To clarify, in the final version the melody lines are tracked guitar, the rhythm/backing stuff are all sequenced.
I opted to go for a cleaner rock band + orchestral approach, ditching the loops to make more room for these two elements. At one point I also ditched the cinematic percussion I had going at some parts because it was simply detracting from the overall 'lite' feel, and reverted to more traditional percussion in the form of only cymbals, a gran cassa and timpani. (And tubular bells/glockenspiel, obviously)
In remaking this into the final version, my process was to first put the entire drum track together as a framework so I knew where the builds and drop-offs were, then track the bass for a foundation since it's very easy for the bass, kick drum and bottom end of the orchestral elements to muddy each other up (Double Basses and timpani, looking at you)
I then sequenced all the orchestral parts from the demo version that I wanted to keep which was only a little bit of rhythmic hits, the melodies, scrapped the rest of the harmonization/counterpoint because it didn't work for a trailer as much as it did for final boss 'oh god what's happening' music, Sequencing guitars came next, just because they have a tendency to drown out orchestration quite easily and I didn't want to spend time rendering orchestrals that wouldn't be heard anyway.
Last part was to work in the remaining orchestration, taking special care to not step over the overall shape I'd built with the band instruments.
Total work time: About 5-6 hours, not counting me derping with chain crashes with SONAR towards the end due to stupidity.
Just to cover my own poopchute, I don't own the material in this upload, all rights reserved by SEGA yadda yadda.