- Download track Go to track Emre Sihan Kaleli: [No.9:2] Seventeen Thoughts on a Chamber Concerto (2013)1. Emre Sihan Kaleli: [No.9:2] Seventeen Thoughts on a Chamber Concerto (2013) 17.55 223 plays
- 2. Emre Sihan Kaleli: [No.9:1] Nineteen Thoughts on an Oboe Concerto (2012) 15.29 74 plays
- 3. Emre Sihan Kaleli: Il voto dell'innocenza (2012) 8.13 101 plays
- 4. Emre Sihan Kaleli: Tractatus for chamber orchestra (2009) 13.56 432 plays
- 5. Emre Sihan Kaleli: "I Hear the Fragile Beauty of Mortal Earth" (2011) 10.21 213 plays
- 6. Emre Sihan Kaleli: Processions (2nd version – 2010) 8.49 381 plays
- 7. Emre Sihan Kaleli: Vertical Songs for 12 percussion players (2010) 6.25 59 plays
- 8. Emre Sihan Kaleli: [No.10] Lovemaking (2013) 3.19 249 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Emre Sihan Kaleli (1987/Ankara) began his musical education at the age of ten. After seven years of studying piano, he decided to become a composer. This decision was greatly influenced by Valeria Tsenova, who taught him an intensive course of classical harmony.
In 2010, he obtained his bachelor degree in composition at the State Conservatory of Uzbekistan. In the same year he moved to the Netherlands to pursue the master programme in composition at the Conservatory of Amsterdam, where he studied with Wim Henderickx, Willem Jeths, and Richard Ayres. His mentors were also Peter Adriaansz and Joël Bons.
Emre’s music has been performed in a number of prestigious festivals, including the Internationale Darmstädter Ferienkurse für Neue Musik (2010), Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival (2011), Gaudeamus Muziekweek (2012) and Wittener Tage für Neue Kammermusik (2013).
His work “Il voto dell’innocenza” has been nominated for the Gaudeamus Prize 2013.
Currently, Emre is based in Amsterdam as a freelance composer and he is also a member of the artistic committee of the Nieuw Ensemble.