_derivations | human-machine improvisations | album previews 6 tracks, 5.21 Ben Carey on February 27, 2014 12:27
- 1. Oliver Carman | Driving Force (for baritone saxophone and fixed sounds) 9.57 515 plays
- 2. Christophe Havel | S (Deuxième Partie - sax soprano) 3.23 2027 plays
- 3. Jason Eckardt | Tangled Loops 7.08 562 plays
- 4. Bruno Mantovani | L'incandescence de la bruine 7.40 564 plays
- 5. Giacinto Scelsi | Maknongan 5.14 623 plays
Ben Carey is a Sydney-based saxophonist/composer/technologist with interests in contemporary classical, improvised, interactive and electro-acoustic music. After completing a Bachelor of Music at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in 2005, Ben moved to France to study saxophone and contemporary music under Marie-Bernadette Charrier at the Conservatoire de Bordeaux.
Back in Australia, Ben is currently undertaking a PhD at the University of Technology, Sydney focused upon the design and development of interactive systems for improvised musical performance. Ben has performed and exhibited work in Australia, New Zealand, France, Austria, the United States and Switzerland.
The sounds found here are a mixture of his work as a performer, improvisor, programmer and composer of electro-acoustic music.