- 1. Joshua Hyde and _derivations - interactive man-machine improvisation by Ben Carey 8.35 760 plays
- 2. t.sax + _derivations improv - 12.5.12 by Ben Carey 7.02 881 plays
- 3. _derivations with Alana Blackburn (tenor recorder) by Ben Carey 4.00 850 plays
- 4. 92813scimpx2: soprano clarinet/ interactive electronics by r369improv 3.56 174 plays
- 1. Oliver Carman | Driving Force (for baritone saxophone and fixed sounds) 9.57 387 plays
- 2. Christophe Havel | S (Deuxième Partie - sax soprano) 3.23 1984 plays
- 3. Jason Eckardt | Tangled Loops 7.08 538 plays
- 4. Bruno Mantovani | L'incandescence de la bruine 7.40 532 plays
- 5. Giacinto Scelsi | Maknongan 5.14 531 plays
Ben Carey is a Sydney-based saxophonist/composer/technologist with interests in contemporary classical, improvised, interactive and electro-acoustic music. After completing a Bachelor of Music at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in 2005, Ben moved to France to study saxophone and contemporary music under Marie-Bernadette Charrier at the Conservatoire de Bordeaux.
Back in Australia, Ben is currently undertaking a PhD at the University of Technology, Sydney focused upon the design and development of interactive systems for improvised musical performance. Ben has performed and exhibited work in Australia, New Zealand, France, Austria, the United States and Switzerland.
The sounds found here are a mixture of his work as a performer, improvisor, programmer and composer of electro-acoustic music.