Stats for this track
The weekend has landed and all that matters now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. You've got 48 hours off the 9-5, it's time to unbutton your hustle and breathe vigor back into life. Whether it be through losing your soul on the dance floor or grooving to it, we have your soundtrack covered. The EARMILK Weekend Selector, an exclusive guest mix series where we invite the latest budding talent from behind the booth to usher you through all the boozie and jam. From your morning bedside to tonight's evening social, your weekend selector is here to fill a void of good taste and allow fresh connections to flow vicariously.
There's no question that fine craft can from all corners of the world, and Lithuanian duo The Sneekers is proof of that. The pair have been making big waves in a relatively small scene nested between Scandinavia and the rest of eastern Europe. Their location has given them the gift of indulging in a wide variety of dance cultures from the head smashing electro scene in Italy, to the agitated swings of Dutch and more polished niches from major cities like London and Berlin. Together they've been making their way up the festival ladder and have garnered support from heavy weights like Kissy Sell Out, Zombie Nation, and Hey Today!. And the bedding comes as no surprise, as their productions tip a hat to the four on the floor foot stomp of 2007. Rewriting the recipe by stripping down to the core ingredients behind a banger while adding their own spice to flesh out fresh noise with a nostalgic vibe. Not to be swallowed by a vicious sea of cheap imitators and commercial wannabe's the boys have showcased their best work yet on their latest EP Splash out now on GND Records.
Kicking off with Erol's extended remix of the Justice single "Canon", the duo bends on their roots to tee up the weekend. Transitioning into applauded tracks by the likes of Boys Noize and Tiga under their collaborative monikers ZZT and Handbraekes while tossing in some of their own numbers like "Buchla" and the yet to be released "Teddy". Expect nothing but prime grub from esteemed imprints like Boysnoize Records, Fool's Gold, and Turbo Recordings reveling in the habitats of electro, acid house, and techno. With a number of savory selections including Snuff Crew's remix of "Not Again" and a Sharooz remix by Scotland beatsmith Polymath. Overall the tape stands as a summary of quality, and a lush picture painted by the inner minds of garnished tastemakers. We caught up with the boys behind all the banter and batter to discuss past influences and projects in our interview below.
01. Justice - Canon (Erol Alkan’s Extended Rework): Ed Banger Records
02. The Sneekers – Buchla (Original Mix): GND Records
03. Hard Ton - Not Again (Snuff Crew Remix): Toy Tonics
04. Hoshina Anniversary – Chicago (Original Mix): GND Records
05. Keith & Supabeatz feat. Ninfa - After E (SCNTST Remix): Southern Fried
06. Zeds Dead - Hit Me (Original Mix): Inspected
07. Clouds - Matter (Original Mix): Turbo Recordings
08. The Sneekers – Teddy (Original Mix): GND Records
09. ZZT - Rock The Peace (Original Mix): Turbo Recordings
10. BS1 - By The Sea (Original Mix): BNR Trax
11. The Sneekers - G.A.S. (Original Mix): GND Records
12. Djedjotronic - Walk With Me (Original Mix): BNR Trax
13. Klam - Funky 4 (Martin Brothers Remix): Fool's Gold
14. Sharooz - Up (Polymath Remix): La Bombe
15. Handbraekes - The Qat (Original Mix): Boysnoize Records
16. A-Trak & Zinc - Stingray (Original Mix): Fool's Gold
17. Swick & Tranter - Mad Dings (Keith & Supabeatz Remix): No Brainer
18. Rogerseventytwo - You Take Me Higher (NT89 Remix): Fool's Gold