- 1. No More Freebies feat. Didjelirium - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.50 825 plays
- 2. Pigeon Holes feat. Chrome - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.50 1190 plays
- 3. Represent Real - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.43 442 plays
- 4. Homeless - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.41 438 plays
- 5. CommuNOcation - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.40 370 plays
- 6. The Dark Passenger - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.45 403 plays
- 7. Neck Snap - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.45 493 plays
- 8. In It For The Kill - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.49 499 plays
- 9. Music Is God - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.45 452 plays
- 10. In The Summer feat. Façavie- DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.50 465 plays
- 11. Weekend Tension - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.40 438 plays
- 12. Money Talks feat. Tasker & Synopsis - DJ DSK & Gobshite (promo) 0.45 610 plays
From the UK to Asia funking up the world!!!!!
New DJ DSK & Gobshite drops December 2013
Check Out The Technique - DJ DSK feat' Mystro and Akil (Jurassic 5) drops December 2013
A British local now residing in Kunming - China, DSK was introduced to Hip-hop and electro music in the early eighties and immediately began B-boying, Graffiti and DJing but soon thereafter focused on the musical aspect, turned to the tables, and set to work perfecting his scratch and battle style techniques. After making a name for himself as a DJ he began to produce Hip-hop tracks which soon led to vinyl releases and a series of Hip-hop, Funk and Electro mix CDs. After DJing and producing songs in the UK he left the UK shores for a greater challenge and established himself in Asia and eventually settled in China, achieving fluency in Mandarin Chinese.
As a performer DSK started out in the UK but has since become well known throughout China and Asia for his mixing and scratching skills, across various musical genres. DSK can be found mixing Hip-Hop, R&B, Funk and Reggae, whilst his specialty is Old Funk/Soul and B-Boy Breaks. During the last few years DSK has toured extensively in such countries as India, Wales, Germany, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, Hong Kong, India and, of course, his home country - England. Working on the club/festival circuit as a performer and organizer, he has put together numerous well received “special shows”that incorporate live music with Hip-Hop elements. These have included DJ shows mixed with Latin/African percussion, funky saxophone, the best MCs and singers and also Hip-Hop dancers and Graffiti, always emphasizing the importance of “pushing boundaries and keeping things fresh, exciting and original”.
DSK’s turntable and production skills soon got noticed in Asia and he was approached by Numark / Akai and Alesis to act as their representative DJ to showcase new DJ and production equipment for a period of several years throughout China and Asia. He has been selected for some of the most high profile international Hip-Hop dance competitions (B-boy / Popping ) across the world. These include Freestyle Session, Battle Of The Year, Circle Kingz, Redbull Street Battle, UK B-Boy Champs etc. His music productions have been released on his own label Unity and also STN records, Elecrolab UK and even used by the BBC on documentaries. In 2009 he became the first DJ to perform live on Chinese national CCTV5 for their B-Boy Battle which also featured a solo turntable showcase. DSK has organized shows and performed for clients as diverse as the German president and Embassy, Shanghai World Expo, Major alcohol companies and clothing brands. He has also worked extensively teaching DJ and production techniques both in the UK for Croydon council, in several Chinese schools, and during workshops across Asia, also appearing as a judge for the DMC competitions.
DSK continues to be involved, as an organizer and performer, in shows at clubs, festivals and various promotional events. He also runs a record label Unity Recordings recording and remixing artists and bands. Please contact him for any events information.