Stats for this track
ATTENTION PRODUCERS: ALL REMIX SUBMISSIONS DUE NO LATER THAN SEPT. 19
Critically acclaimed producer !llmind joins forces with the New York-based, boutique marketing consortium Diamond Music Group (DMG), for the 'I Vs. I' Remix Contest.
This challenging undertaking will call on producers from around the globe, to remix 11 tracks off the previously released and highly notable 'I Vs. I' album from Fortilive, the transcontinental hip-hop conglomerate comprised of Hawaii native emcees Mushmouf & Slo-Mo and New Jersey boardsman, !llmind. The album, which was originally released on January 6th, courtesy of DJBooth.net has been revered as one of the more notable au-gratis releases of the year.
In the wake of the project’s success, Illmind and DMG enlist an impressive team of sponsors that will help cross-market this remix campaign in addition to help compile an impressive prize package to the winning producer that can create the most cohesive and momentous body of work. Sponsors include Swedish music software upstart XLN Audio, fresh timepiece manufacturer Flüd Watches, AlkotaBeats.com – home to the TR-808, SP-1200 and MPC-2000XL shaped USB flash drive, urban streetwear brand Orisue, renowned tastemaker webzine DJBooth.net, online production resource center BeatTips.com, the producer-centric blog site NodFactor.com, and finally SoundCloud - the online music streaming community. Please refer to the following prize package:
Producers, please review the instructions, timeline and Itinerary below and address any questions and concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - -
• BeatTips.com – The BeatTips Manual, 5th Edition
• FlüdWatches.com – The BPM: drum –machine inspired digital watch that also serves as a calculator.
• Video – Fortilive will shoot a video for a song off the winning remix LP that will be promoted in conjunction with the online marketing campaign for the project’s launch
• DJBooth.net – To premier project and host download link
• NodFactor.com – Will document campaign launch via vlog campaign
• Orisue.com – Clothing from their 2011 fall line
• SoundCloud.com – To host the ‘stems’ and provide submission dropbox
• XLNAudio.com – Addictive Drums (drum production software)
• Exclusive !LLMIND drum kit awarded to all contestants via SoundCloud link
• USB Flash Drives: AlkotaBeats.com – 8GB limited edition, drum-machine inspired flash drives, equipped with exclusive !!LLMIND drum kit, awarded to first, second and third place participants. Winners may choose between the TR-808, MPC-2000XL and SP-1200 edition flash drive.
ATTENTION PRODUCERS, please submit your 11 remixes no later than Monday,
September 19th, 2011.
01. You must use the following SoundCloud dropbox address to make your submissions or your remixes will not be accepted: Diamond Media 360
02. Only one album submission per producer will be accepted. You must submit a maximum of one remix per song. If you submit more or less than 11 songs, or if your submissions do not include at least at least one remix for all eleven songs, your submission will not be accepted.
03. There are a total of 22 downloadable files; 11 acapella files, followed by the 11 original versions, in the same order. The BPMs are listed at the track title. All files are zero pointed and should synchronize properly with any digital audio workstation.
04. The BPM of your remix may be altered from the original version of the song.
05. Music should be submitted as MP3 files only using the aforementioned SoundCloud dropbox URL. Downloads should be enabled and should default to any iTunes media player.
05. Files should be labeled accordingly with the song title first, followed by the producer's name and remix in parenthesis, ie: Aint No Place (Joe Smith Remix).
06. Due to the high volume of submissions, it becomes very difficult to cross reference submissions with their corresponding email addresses and therefore it is critical to include your email address in the personal note field of the submission dropbox. In addition, please prvide us with your social network URLs (Twitter/Facebook) along with your discography bio/epk if applicable. Please include a few senteneces about yourself and your production background.
- - -
• 8/10: Contest Begins - Online campaign to promote contest to worldwide media outlets, websites, lifestyles, blogs, journalists & tastemakers.
• 9/19: Submission Due Date - All producers are required to submit their remix via DMG’s SoundCloud Dropbox.
• 9/30: Winner Is Announced/Debut Video – The winning producer will be announced through an online promotional campaign through the use of a video to one of the remixes off the winning remix album.
• 10/18: Release Date – The 'I Vs. I' Remix album will be released as a free download, courtesy of DJBooth.net, on Tuesday, October 18th, the first day of the 2011 CMJ Marathon.
- - -
*PLEASE ADDRESS ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com