- 1. Folks [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 6.12 70 plays
- 2. Here Somewhere [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 4.02 43 plays
- 3. Still Works [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 7.40 48 plays
- 4. Motorik Solstice Spasm [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 4.45 27 plays
- 5. Strange Bedfellows [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 9.29 32 plays
- 6. The Attic [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 4.25 29 plays
- 7. Travailoscope [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 11.42 31 plays
- 8. His Hairiness Trip [by dadala] by Laudanum Productions 4.15 32 plays
- 1. Something in the Wind 5.21 7 plays
- 2. Dotting the Connections 8.18 105 plays
- 3. All I Needed to See 4.09 3 plays
- 4. Whirled 7.37 14 plays
- 5. Dust Garden 6.42 20 plays
- 6. Travels of the Separated Twins 8.19 14 plays
- 7. On the Porch Swing Watching Them Fly 7.37 16 plays
- 8. There All Along 6.16 15 plays
- 9. Smell the Coffee 6.15 12 plays
- 1. This Far Again 8.32 118 plays
- 2. Scattering and the Structure of Hadrons 4.59 22 plays
- 3. The Inevitable 10.05 25 plays
- 4. Isn't Your Fault 4.46 21 plays
- 5. Return to Tastewater Lake 7.29 10 plays
- 6. You Don't Want To Know 9.16 17 plays
- 7. Eternal April 3.46 13 plays
- 8. Recognition 7.50 13 plays
- 9. CZ Razor 5.04 6 plays
- 10. I Love the Sweet Boy 3.08 10 plays
- 1. Box of Ash 1 5.25 50 plays
- 2. Salamander Pyramid 5.00 29 plays
- 3. That Night with The Canyonites 3.34 81 plays
- 4. Sawdust Beach Clarinet Trio 5.00 30 plays
- 5. Plunge 4.52 24 plays
- 6. Etc Etc Sax Trio 5.39 24 plays
- 7. Windter Blows 4.52 21 plays
- 8. She Shot Me in the Head 4.33 21 plays
- 9. Klank-N-Bass 4.00 13 plays
- 10. Box of Ash 2 5.30 14 plays
- 11. Pianohair 8.12 20 plays
Avant-Ambient Glitch-Jazz Post-Post-Rock Electro-Acoustic Improv-Collage.
Since 2009 dadala has been a long-distance ensemble of four core members blending improvisation with digital alchemy, collage and serendipity. The members live in three different states in different corners of the US and with a few occasional exceptions involving brothers Richard and Frank Dunlap, the members don't ever actually record together in real time.
Three of the core members contribute a wide variety of recordings ranging from unprocessed acoustic instrumental solo improvisations to elaborate experimental digital alchemy created with sophisticated cutting-edge software, equipment and techniques. Founding member RDunlap uses these recordings as raw material (along with his own occasional contributions using a vintage Casio CZ-101 digital synthesizer) to arrange, combine, remix, edit, layer and otherwise manipulate to produce dadala. Sometimes members perform overdubs to existing recordings (of their own, from other members, or premixes from RDunlap), other times completely unrelated recordings are combined and many other permutations.
The listener is often not going to be able to tell what was intentional and what was happenstance, what was "live" and what was manipulated, or in what sequence parts were recorded. In dadala what sounds intentional was probably serendipity, and what sounds random was probably played that way on purpose.
Earlier dadala (2004-2008) was more specifically a remix project working with recordings contributed by various artists and from RDunlap's archives of earlier material (solo and collaborations, recorded 1985-1996).
The current core members:
RDunlap - Producer, arrangements, mixes, Casio CZ-101 synthesizer. Has been recording alternative and experimental music and sound-art well outside both the commercial and academic mainstreams since 1985.
Loopy C - loopyc.com - Virtual improvisations, synthesized soundscapes, rhythmic transient electronic hyperrealisms, imaginary six-string curled dimensions, DSP performances, gestured noise, expanded palettes and miscellaneous conceptual software automatons. Has extensive experience in the music industry, both as an artist (was a member of Jesus Wore Dickies, among other things) and on the studio/engineering/software side of things in the background.
Frank Dunlap - Alto sax, clarinet, flute, trumpet, other winds, bass, guitar, violin, rubber 2 by 2, kalimba, keyboard, percussion, etc (and some premixing). Self-taught improviser, has recorded with brother RDunlap sporadically over the years, currently also plays in a local band (Still Lookin') that actually jams together in the same room at the same time, playing Grateful Dead, Neil Young, originals and other stuff.
Johann Meier - jopy - Piano and keyboard, guitar, bass, software synths, samples, sequences and beats (and some premixing). Has a background in jazz piano and has branched out into other instruments as well as electronic and electro-acoustic works of his own (several free DL releases as Jopy).