- 1. D-Funk... 'You Think We're Stupid' [Upstart Music] 3.38 1536 plays
- 2. D-Funk... 'In The Front' [Upstart Music] 2.53 1019 plays
- 3. D-Funk... Chickens In The Truck [Upstart Music] 3.17 1081 plays
- 4. D-Funk... 'Step To My Beat' DJ Mix ***Free Download*** 53.50 2066 plays
- Go to track Ben E, Chali & Kweli - Supernatural Lockdown (Mr Doris & D-Funk Supernatural Rework) [2Dogs]1. Ben E, Chali & Kweli - Supernatural Lockdown (Mr Doris & D-Funk Supernatural Rework) [2Dogs] 3.16 5991 plays
- 2. Digable Drippers - 9th Wonder(D-Funk & Mr Doris Inpeachment Mix) [2 Dogs] 4.06 5080 plays
D-Funk & Sugar Ray Johnson - Kick This Thing EP [Grits N Gravy] 3 tracks, 14.06 D*Funk on February 12, 2014 23:43
- 1. Sugar Ray Johnson & D-Funk… Save Me [Grits N Gravy] 4.48 6265 plays
- 2. D-Funk & Sugar Ray Johnson - 'Kick This Thing' (Original Mix) [Grits N Gravy] 3.38 1995 plays
- 3. Nicc Johnson & Doug Masters - 'Never Knew' [Free Download] 5.40 3078 plays
- 1. D-Funk Vs N.W.A - 'Straight Outta Compton' (D-Funk Mix) ***Free Download*** 3.00 4043 plays
- 2. The Meters - Cissy Strut (D-Funk Edit) ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.36 5416 plays
- Download track Go to track Sandy Rivera & Haze - 'Freak' (Bart B More Mix // D-Funk & Datadex Re-Edit)***FREE DOWNLOAD***3. Sandy Rivera & Haze - 'Freak' (Bart B More Mix // D-Funk & Datadex Re-Edit)***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 5.21 4030 plays 130.0 BPM
- 4. D-Funk vs Tori Amos - 'Been A Long Widow' ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.58 4912 plays 115.0 BPM
- 5. D-Funk... 'Bang Bang Love' ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.00 7446 plays 117.0 BPM
- 6. Major Lazer - Get Free (D-Funk's Funk That Mix) ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.58 12305 plays 110.0 BPM
- 7. Nicc Johnson & Doug Masters - 'Never Knew' [Free Download] 5.40 3078 plays
- Go to track D-Funk vs Rudimental - 'Feel The Love' (D-Funk Mix) [Grits N Gravy/Breakfest EP] ***FREE DOWNLOAD***8. D-Funk vs Rudimental - 'Feel The Love' (D-Funk Mix) [Grits N Gravy/Breakfest EP] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.47 8941 plays 110.0 BPM
- 9. D-Funk… 'Lonely Hearts Club' [Grits N Gravy//Breakfest EP] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.29 7762 plays 110.0 BPM
- 10. D-Funk… 'Don't Ya Want My Techno Gun' [Grits N Gravy/Breakfest EP] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.43 3308 plays 115.0 BPM
- Go to track D-Funk vs Inxs… 'Mystify Me' (D-Funk Mix) [Grits N Gravy/Breakfest EP] ***FREE DOWNLOAD***11. D-Funk vs Inxs… 'Mystify Me' (D-Funk Mix) [Grits N Gravy/Breakfest EP] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.35 14515 plays
- 12. D-Funk... 'Biggie Got Crunked' ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.24 3667 plays 119.0 BPM
- 13. D-Funk... 'I Wish I Didn't' ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.24 4525 plays 133.0 BPM
- 14. D-Funk & Some DJ - 'Phantom Can't Dance' ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.49 4155 plays 117.0 BPM
- 15. D-Funk... 'Spaceman' [GFDP011] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.12 2736 plays
- 16. D-Funk... 'International Flava' [GFDP011] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.32 1858 plays
- 17. D-Funk... 'No Stoppin My Sound' [GFDP011] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 5.02 1974 plays
- 18. D-Funk... 'Blow The Lid Off' [GFDP011] ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.38 1884 plays
- 19. D-Funk vs The Verve... 'Lucky Man' (D-Funk's Dugstep Retake) ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 5.48 5485 plays
- 20. 'Oh Wee Watch Out' > D-Funk and Some DJ vs Mark Ronson ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 3.22 4388 plays
- 21. D-Funk... 'Blow Your Funky Beats' ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 5.04 5723 plays
- Go to track 'Get Up' - Stanton Warriors ft Ruby Goe & Hollywood Holt (D-Funk's Damm Those Deadlines Mix) FREE DL22. 'Get Up' - Stanton Warriors ft Ruby Goe & Hollywood Holt (D-Funk's Damm Those Deadlines Mix) FREE DL 4.24 7983 plays 113.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track 'Sir Duke' - Stevie Wonder (D-Funk's Feel It All Over Mix) ***FREE DOWNLOAD***23. 'Sir Duke' - Stevie Wonder (D-Funk's Feel It All Over Mix) ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 5.05 14710 plays
- Download track Go to track 'Ripgroove' - Double 99 (D-Funk and Some DJ Rumble In The Bass Bin Mix) ***FREE DOWNLOAD***24. 'Ripgroove' - Double 99 (D-Funk and Some DJ Rumble In The Bass Bin Mix) ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 4.20 7370 plays
- 25. D-Funk... 'Mr Wendal' [Grits N Gravy Free Download] 4.35 11077 plays
- Download track Go to track 'Booty Nugget' - Lee Mortimer vs M&S (D-Funk & Some DJ Re Rub) ***FREE DOWNLOAD***26. 'Booty Nugget' - Lee Mortimer vs M&S (D-Funk & Some DJ Re Rub) ***FREE DOWNLOAD*** 5.17 6097 plays
D-Funk has been deeply immersed in the global music scene for well over the past decade as a DJ, producer, label owner & former promoter. Still seen as a new name to some, he has amassed an impressive back catalogue of releases and performances having released well over 50 tracks across 19 different labels & played events in UK and across Europe, Canada, USA, Asia & NZ/Australia.
Originally from UK but now Based in Sydney, Australia, Doug Masters, aka D-Funk, got his first set of decks when he was 14 – way back in the mid-90s. After hours and hours of practice he played his first club gig, spinning jungle and techno before gravitating towards house after a night dancing to Tony De Vit.
At university he scored a residency at the Canal Club and Charlie Chester’s Mezzanine in . notorious clubs like El Divino & Es Paradis.
After moving to Bournemouth on the south coast of England in 2002 he started playing at various local house venues, but got a bit bored of straight 4/4beats and started getting into playing breakbeat, old skool hip-hop, funk, soul and disco. “I was playing at mainly house nights but I was playing a mix of house and breakbeat,” he recalls. “I was inspired by early Stanton Warriors stuff that fused breakbeat and house together. They seemed to be able to play breaks to a house crowd, so I thought I’d be able to as well.” Punters loved it but venue owners weren’t so keen, so Doug started his own night in 2004 – Break Da House. It quickly established itself as one of the most essential nights out in the south, hosting top-notch acts like the Plump DJs, Stanton Warriors and Meat Katie. It was after striking up a friendship with one of the headline acts, the Dub Pistols Soundsystem, that Doug’s first release came about.
Barry Ashworth, notorious Dub Pistols hellraiser, hooked Doug up to release the ‘Electrotek EP’ on Westway – the label he runs with Carl Loben and Billy Borez of the Drum Monkeys. The lead cut was used on a TV ad in Portugal, hit No.2 on the Kiss FM Breakbeat Chart and sent Doug on his way as he’d now caught the production bug – big time.
Fast forward to 2014 and Doug has released tracks on Sunday Best, Ghetto Funk, 2Dogs, Rump Shaker, Manmade, Dusted Breaks, BloxBox Records, VIM Records, Breakz R Boss Records, Nitrous, Yellowfinger, Big M, Dandy Kid, Mutate, Roca, Booty Pirates and more on Westway, although he was proving himself to be so prolific that he had to start his own label too – Up:Start Music. The first release on Up:Start, the ‘Bust This EP’ featuring MC Manic, received highly favourable reviews and earned him plays on Annie Nightingale’s BBC Radio 1 show and Jay Cunning’s Kiss FM slot.
Another great achievement was being nominated for ‘Best Breakthrough DJ’ at the international Break beat awards (Breakspoll) in February 2009. Although he’s now been DJing for well over 15 years and didn’t win, it helped put him more on the map internationally and reflected the increased number of gigs outside of his south coast residency.
In Oct 2009 Doug made a big decision & decided to move to Sydney, Australia where he currently resides! It was a big move for him both on the professional & personal front. But since being in Sydney Doug is reveling in his new form musical freedom, with an eclectic gig list to match at some of Sydney top venues.
After being in Australia a few months Doug’s label, Upstart Music, that has been picking up fans worldwide was nominated for the ‘Best New Label 2009’ at the 2010 Breakspoll awards. A true testament to the work & quality of music that they have released since its launch in Feb 2009.
If that wasn’t enough Doug has a new label project with friend & fellow nu funk producer Philly Blunt called Grits N Gravy. The label being focused on the more funk based end of the spectrum, an area that Doug is also gaining a big reputation. The first release was in Nov 2010 which went on to top the Junodownload singes chart & also the ‘breaks & electro’ track & release charts! As with Upstart, Grits N Gravy will feature a heavy release schedule from Doug himself along with outer musical peers & collaborations between like minded artists. More success was on it’s way with Grits N Gravy being nominated for ‘Best Label’ at the Perth Dance Music Awards in 2010, 2011 & 2012 (Phil that co runs the label is based in Perth, Aus). They actually went on to win the award in ’10 & came a close second in ’11 & ‘12.
In early 2012 Doug headed to North America for his first visit on a 8 show Canadian tour that took in events in Calgary, Victoria, Whistler, Edmonton. Grande Prairie, Kelowna, Fernie & Kimberly! His brand of Ghetto Funk, Breaks & Bass was eaten up by the loving Canadian masses with the tour being a roaring success. Later in 2012 Doug made his first journey back to UK/Europe in 3 years & made his debut appearance for We Love at the legendary music meca, Space in Ibiza. The tour also saw him play at leading UK electronic music festival Glade, as well as others shows in Ibiza, France & UK. Also in 2012 Doug made his debut in USA playing in San Francisco for the Refreshed radio crew as well as playing on the main stage at Australia’s biggest & best Break beat Festival, Breakfest in Perth. All in all 2012 was a huge year of international shows!
2013 saw Doug return to Europe to play at his now yearly fixture on the Ibiza circuit for We Love at Space as well as gigs in the UK. His ‘Back In Love EP’ released in late ’14 took the number 1 spot on the Junodownload break beat track chart on it’s way to becoming the biggest seller on Grits & Gravy.
He’s been at it a while, but there’s the sense that this talented DJ/producer has only just begun as he turns over a new chapter in his career. Watch this space…