- 1. Virtual Outcast (demo without vocals & lead guitar) 6.05 26 plays
- 2. Happy Place (demo without vocals & lead guitar) 5.15 17 plays
- 3. Derelict Playboy Blues (demo without vocals & lead guitar) 5.21 18 plays
- 4. Shadow Chasers (demo without vocals & lead guitar) 6.26 36 plays
- 5. Lots Of Noise About Nothing (demo without vocals) 6.05 31 plays
- 1. TV Turns on You 6.18 1450 plays
- 2. Life Malignant 6.30 366 plays
- 3. Bad Bad Boy 4.34 616 plays
- 4. Right Humpster 5.08 370 plays
- 5. Another Place Another Time 7.01 350 plays
- 6. Iniquity 7.48 286 plays
- 7. Touring My Backyard 4.45 260 plays
- 8. Whence She Came 4.32 307 plays
- 9. Tit 5.47 315 plays
- 10. Herbal Haze 9.29 335 plays
- 11. Four-Circle Penile Substitute 5.39 159 plays
- 12. The End of the Vilewood Road 9.22 156 plays
Cynicism Management is a band dedicated to writing worldwide smash hit singles in odd time signatures, and annoying people with them live, too. Check out cynmanagement.blogspot.com for an occasional "status report".
CYNICISM MANAGEMENT is a brainchild of seasoned musicians who keep getting even more seasoned with every passing year, but who have, to date, nevertheless failed to write any worldwide hit singles (in odd time signatures). Hence their latest endeavour – Cynicism Management, the newest attempt at global domination.
The scheme started out in Slovenia in late 2008, as an experiment – the whole affair was to be an "ongoing online literary musical". At its core, the idea was quite simple: to gradually write a fictional "blog" that would, hopefully, eventually develop into a kind of a novel. As the novel was to focus on the epic tales of a band called Cynicism Management, the blog would also contain original tracks written and recorded by this fictional band. Should the idea gain more momentum, any additional materials produced in the context of this project would be included in the "blog / novel", ideally resulting in a comprehensive work of, perhaps, interesting dimensions and format.
However, as this cunning plan was undertaken by people who are musicians to their very core, it is perhaps not surprising that the music soon became their primary concern. Thus a live lineup of the band had been established before the "novel" ever saw the light of day, and performed at quite a few concerts between 2010 and 2012, which was actually not a part of the original "strategy". Naturally, at this point it would have been completely idiotic if the real band insisted it was in fact some other, "fictional" band.
In May 2011 Cynicism Management released their first "tangible" album entitled Tit, followed in September by a digital release under the AMAdea Music label. In November 2012 the single Opus 0 was released online, and tracks from it have also been published on two compilations in Slovenia.
Unfortunately, the live line-up is currently on hiatus, as the founding members of Cynicism Management recently moved to Berlin. Nevertheless they are planning to release their next EP, Shadow Chasers, in 2013.
The fictional, incorporeal band is also alive and well. Its story used to unravel gradually, in weekly episodes, at cynmanagement.blogspot.com. However, as the novel neared completion, the "online" literary experiment was discontinued due to a large number of ongoing revisions and changes. Soon a miracle might actually happen and Cynicism Management - the novel might in fact be released, as it was picked up by a small UK indie e-book publisher, Aventura e-Books.