- 1. The Infected Crypts of Lieberk 2.03 26 plays
- 2. Rogues In the Haunt of Horrors 2.58 17 plays
- 3. Late Night Horror Queen 3.32 21 plays
- 4. Together Towards Terror 3.34 8 plays
- 5. The Wizard of Filth 2.12 9 plays
- 6. Ceremonial Surgery 3.44 26 plays
- 7. Necronom IX 3.32 34 plays
- 8. Misanthropy Mine 3.31 22 plays
- 9. Noble Rot 2.31 14 plays
- 10. Grand Guignol Cabaret 3.30 14 plays
- 11. Song of a Mad Minstrel 3.18 6 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Beginning life in 1996 as a guttural, Horror-obsessed Death/Grind band, Crypticus has progressed to encompass experimental Horror soundtrack elements while remaining dedicated to Death Metal’s heritage.
Originally inspired by early-’90s Death & Grind acts such as Bolt Thrower, Deceased, Celtic Frost, Carcass, Dismember, & Hypocrisy - Crypticus was founded by musician/producer Patrick Bruss in 1996. The project became a duo once Norwegian Brynjar Helgetun (Liklukt, The Grotesquery) joined on drums in 2009.
After several very primitive demos recorded on home stereo equipment, the first proper EP “Unholy Secrecies” was completed in 2002. This effort drew the attention of Razorback Records who signed-on to release the full-lengths: “Dedicated to the Impure” (2005), the flawed, yet experimental “They Called Me Mad!” (2008), & the darkest & most accomplished of the three, “The Barrens” (2013).
Over the course of three albums, Crypticus incorporated more & more dark mood elements, including pipe organs, choirs, & progressive guitar melodies that reveal Bruss’ interest in horror soundtracks of the ’60s - ’80s, while maintaining the crushing heft of Death Metal.