- 1. LP001 - Jon Convex - Idoru - New Model / Shadows 5.30 10883 plays
- 2. LP001 - Jon Convex - Idoru - What I Need / Idoru 4.59 9731 plays
- 3. LP001 - Jon Convex - No Love (feat Breakage) 5.46 7833 plays
- 4. LP002 - Wraetlic - Rats / Rats [SCB Edit] 5.44 9480 plays
- 5. LP002 - Wraetlic - Skinflint /Better the Devil/ Better the Devil [dBridge RMX] 6.48 2208 plays
- 6. LP002 - Wraetlic - Anothering / Scunner / Scunner [Jon Convex RMX] 6.54 1498 plays
- 1. G.Vump - Feeling (Jon Convex Remix) BROMANCE 5.13 2972 plays
- 2. Etienne Jaumet - Satori (Jon Convex Remix) VERSATILE 6.02 5070 plays
- 3. Jimmy Edgar - Sex Drive (Jon Convex Remix) HOTFLUSH 6.16 6393 plays
- 4. ZTT - Party Over Los Angeles (Jon Convex remix) TURBO 5.25 3101 plays
- 5. Lusine - Another Tomorrow (Jon Convex Remix) GHOSTLY INT 5.14 1397 plays
- 6. Presk & Cinnaman - Sweat (Jon Convex Remix) AUDIO CULTURE 4.16 4990 plays
- 7. Echo Park - Fiber Optic Lovin (Jon Convex Remix) DISFIGURED 3.28 3224 plays
- 8. Sir Jonathan - Bubblegum (Jon Convex Remix) BLOTTER 5.08 2180 plays
- 1. Convex Industries Podcast 001 [Jon Convex] 1.01.35 8663 plays
- 2. Convex Industries Podcast 002 [dBridge] 50.11 7942 plays
- 3. Convex Industries Podcast 003 [Brodinski] 32.10 10157 plays
- 4. Convex Industries Podcast 004 [Femme En Fourrure] 1.00.13 9388 plays
- 5. Convex Industries Podcast 005 [J.Tijn] 1.01.11 9847 plays
- 1. 001 - Jon Convex - Bump 'N' Grind / Closer 6.06 3945 plays
- 2. 002 - dBridge presents Velvit - Passing Encounter / Scarlett 6.12 10972 plays
- 3. 003 - Jon Convex - New Model 5.06 1607 plays
- 4. 003 - Jon Convex - Shadows 5.00 1485 plays
- 5. 004 - Jon Convex - Desolation 5.58 2671 plays
- 6. 008 - Femme En Fourrure - Watcher (South London Ordnance Remix) 3.26 18415 plays
- 7. 008 - Femme En Fourrure - Watcher / Bound 5.14 6078 plays
Damon Kirkham, aka Jon Convex has been involved in various music scenes since a very young age. Driven by his obsession for machines and electronics, combined with his love for Alan Parsons and early synth electronic music he embarked upon his music career producing music for the first time at the tender age of just 17.
As one half of Instra:mental (with Al Green, aka Boddika), he quickly became know as an innovator of the then stagnant DnB scene igniting it with a new take on the sound that was injected with an electro and techno influence. Alongside Green and D Bridge he formed Autonomic whos output and podcasts quickly became the benchmark for innovative Drum and Bass. His production and touring aside, Jon Convex was also the A&R man behind Non Plus records embracing the many styles and artists who had come to influence him over the past 15 years.
Now as Jon Convex, embracing a new sonic range in the world of techno and electro, he lets his machines guide his sound, creating entirely unique analogue platforms, whether with a sublime atmospheric nod to Warp’s early back catalogue, or with a slight tinge of Chicago’s raw, percussive footwork sound, or with the tough, tearing feel of techno: Jon Convex is an all-out dancefloor assault.
The first Jon Convex music was released by the highly respected 3024 (Martyn) label, followed by high quality output with Nonplus, Disfigured dubs (Skream), Hotflush and his own imprint Convex Industries. His DJing style is best displayed on his recent FACT mix, which they aptly described: “it’s dissolute, hypnotic rave music for the dankest, darkest warehouses, squat parties and club spots.”
Jon Convex stands as an exciting embodiment of the state of electronic music today: no longer confined by genres whatsoever, producers can allow their creativity to take over with no boundaries or geographical restrictions. He has garnered massive support from the likes of Skream, Gesaffelstein, Goldie and Claude Vonstroke which is a testament to the range of the Jon Convex sound.
With plenty of releases, collaboration’s and remixes penned for 2013 with the likes of D Bridge, Turbo, Gesaffelstein and Jimmy Edgar to name a few the Convex sound looks set to reach the far corners of the dance music spectrum.