- 1. First Box Then Walk (Julien Aubert 'Look At Me' Remix) 5.00 773 plays
- 2. Trolls (Feldermelder Remix) 4.13 770 plays
- 3. Snake (Casque 'Danger' Remix) 3.27 432 plays
- 4. Cloudy Gallery (Kadebostan 'Presences' Remix) 6.05 1017 plays
- 5. Laundry (Ripperton's Modern Jealousy Remix) 3.45 376 plays
- 6. New Year (DJ Diamond Remix) 2.40 335 plays
- 7. New Year (Consor Remix) 3.49 271 plays
More sets by Creaked Records (9)
Oy 'Look At Me'
CRDS33 - Digital - 14th March 2012
1. First Box Then Walk (Julien Aubert ‘Look At Me’ Remix)
2. Trolls (Feldermelder Remix)
3. Snake (Casque ‘Danger’ Remix)
4. Cloudy Gallery (Kadebostan ‘Presences’ Remix)
5. Laundry (Ripperton’s modern jealousy Remix)
6. New Year (Dj Diamond Remix)
7. New Year (Consor Remix)
Two years later, the world of Joy Frempong’s Oy grows up with 'Look At Me', a 7-track EP made up of reinterpretations from 2010’s critically-acclaimed debut album 'First Box Then Walk'. The package includes a large group of talented Swiss artists like Ripperton (Perspectiv), Kadebostan (Freude-am-tanzen), Feldermelder, as well as Creaked labelmate’s Julien Aubert, Casque and Consor. Chicago’s young promising juke/footwork producer Dj Diamond (Planet Mu) also features on 'Look At Me'. The result brings a floor-friendly way of exploring and re-discovering Oy’s universe of Childhood memories.
All artists on 'Look At Me' approach Oy’s material from a very personal vision, meticulously using Joy Frempong’s impressive voice with their own trademark stylings and production techniques. Julien Aubert’s “Look At Me” interpretation of ‘First Box Then Walk’ is playful house with deep synth pads and continually evolving voice loops; Feldermelder majestically plunges ‘Trolls’ into his slow-motion psychedelic beatscapes. Casque’s remix of ‘Snake’ turns the track into an infectious groove complete with massive bass lines, fat drums and melodic synths; rising producer Kadebostan’s take on ‘Cloudy Gallery’ is warm and organic, 4/4 electro-house with addictive melodies and a smooth late-night sax solo. Ripperton’s modern jealousy of ‘Laundry’ is super catchy with a strong hook & bassline and closing the EP, Consor brings a touch of electronic quietness on ‘New Year’ with its splendid ambient and melancholic sounds.
Release/catalogue number: CRDS33
Release date: Mar 14, 2012