- 1. Grab Bag Podcast 001 1.27.38 81 plays
- 2. Grab Bag Podcast 003 1.23.46 103 plays
- 3. Grab Bag Podcast 004 1.16.13 203 plays
- 4. Grab Bag Podcast 005 1.27.33 144 plays
- 5. Grab Bag Podcast 006 1.23.22 74 plays
- 6. Grab Bag Podcast 007 with St. Nick (Part 1) 2.45.23 48 plays
- 7. Grab Bag Podcast 007 with St. Nick (Part 2) 2.38.27 15 plays
- 8. Grab Bag Podcast 008 1.28.50 73 plays
- 9. Grab Bag Podcast 009 1.23.16 104 plays
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm currently looking for remix projects to work on, so if you've got a track you want remixed, shoot me an e-mail or a msg here on sc and let me know!
-- Chris [firstname.lastname@example.org]
[ follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/chrisfirenze ]
[ buy my label's releases here: http://akashikrecords.bandcamp.com/ ]
** BIO **
Since 2002 Chris Firenze has been producing music in in various forms including drum & bass, and more recently techno and minimal. In 2006, Chris kicked off his own label, Akashik Records, as a venue for releasing his own tracks as well as that of other local artists, utilizing a “pay what you want” model. The first release was Chris’s “Furlong”, remixed by Bent Perception (an alias for Progressive House phenomenon Jonah Hakanson) and Soma’s Let’s Go Outside.
As a producer and remixer, Chris Firenze’s signature minimal techno and bass-infused sound is in demand by labels such as the UK-based Elektek, Steamtown, Killing Machine, and local labels SubSensory and Nude Photo Music. His most recent release “Torch the Pass” on Killing Machine, along with remixes by local artist Audioelectronic and PDX familiar Mario Maroto received a feature on Beatport and support from a long list of respected DJs.
Equally at home rocking the decks or performing all-original live material, Chris is quickly moving toward the forefront of Portland’s music scene. For the past year, he’s hosted and played House Call every last Thursday at Groove Suite (one of the more popular venues for house music in Portland), bringing in some of the best house and techno DJs from the Northwest.