EXQUISITE WHAT [audio_visual_Collective] http://exquisitewhat.tumblr.com/ 7 tracks, 1.22.11 Barbara De Dominicis on April 13, 2011 15:18
Parallel_41 alias JULIA KENT + BARBARA DE DOMINICIS [CD+DVD out on BASKARU_june 2012] 5 tracks, 15.34 Barbara De Dominicis on October 28, 2010 22:49
- Go to track Une Journeè d'un Sud Sans Soleil_Parallel_41-Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis+ visuals by D.L.1. Une Journeè d'un Sud Sans Soleil_Parallel_41-Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis+ visuals by D.L. 3.33 923 plays
- Go to track the Naked City__Impro_Parallel_41__Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi2. the Naked City__Impro_Parallel_41__Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi 3.51 825 plays
- Go to track Illusory rendez vous_Impro_Parallel_41__Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi3. Illusory rendez vous_Impro_Parallel_41__Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi 2.05 448 plays
- Go to track Mouth/eyesConvention_Impro_Parallel_41__Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi4. Mouth/eyesConvention_Impro_Parallel_41__Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi 2.41 280 plays
- Go to track Filament du tunnel - Impro_Parallel_41 _Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi5. Filament du tunnel - Impro_Parallel_41 _Julia Kent +Barbara De Dominicis + visuals by Davide Lonardi 3.24 292 plays
- 1. RADIO-DOC///Crossings by Barbara De Dominicis 27.47 505 plays
- 2. Re-di-Sound produced for Radio Papesse-2008 by Barbara De Dominicis 5.05 261 plays
- 3. RadioImaginamos-El Primer Sentido by Barbara De Dominicis 31.20 158 plays
- 4. A TALE OF TWO CITIES by Barbara De Dominicis 0.56 281 plays
- 5. Barbara De Dominicis - whimsical cartography by e-ArtQuake 1.23 93 plays
- SOON APRES, new work...
- Par4llel 41- musical/visual/improvisatory project
- collective:web_based platform
- RADIO-PODCASTS powered by Girrl_Sound
Out Now on BASKARU,
[CD/DVD ed.] PARALLEL_41,
[alias Julia Kent & Barbara De Dominicis]
BARBARA DE DOMINICIS, besides using her voice, loves collecting sounds, manipulating them and inventing sound textures. Her projects include The Body_exposed:Poe-Si [with Mirko Signorile and Marco Messina]; Poe-Si [with MarcoMessina/99 Posse and Mirko Signorile]; Cabaret Noir [with Pasquale Bardaro]; Kuul_Ma an experimental audiovisual project in which organic electronic sounds interact with the changing landscape of visual artist DAVIDE LONARDI. In 2008 she published as a soloist Anti-Gone, a concept album which bases its narrative on Greek mythology. In 2008 she began a collaboration with Canadian cellist Julia Kent; their performance (initially under the name of Intermittenze) will soon become a stable project in progress with the name PARALLEL41 [a musical/visual/improvisatory project released internationally on french record label BASKARU // may 2012] Her sound works include Whimsical Cartography – selected among the works which will be exhibited in the collective multimedia show E-ArtQuake in commemoration of the earthquake in Irpinia; Re_di_Sound [Radio Papesse], a tribute to Marcel Duchamp (Call for Revolutionary Sounds). Her growing interest in soundscapes leads her to conceive of A TALE OF TWO CITIES: a series of audio collages designed to portray the similarities and differences of two cities which lie on the same parallel, Naples and New York. This work has become a radiowork produced for Radio Papesse vs Radia network, entitled CROSSINGS. Among her current projects EXQUSITE WHAT [as both curator and creator] a collective inspired by the Surrealist practice of exquisite corpsesdedicated to the creation of an audio-visual web platform; La Reverie/La Sogneria [curator/creator]_a multimedia space linked to dreaming in which, as if inside a globe indexed by locations, issues, and time periods, one can choose to “enter” [in mp3] into the story of a dream orto travel between multiple dreams (in progress). She has recently been invited by GIRRL [GIRRLSOUND :DIGITALGIRRL [an Australian organization supporting women working in the field of sonic and digital art] to curate and produce a series of radio podcasts entitled ”THE CAT CINDERELLA” with the aim of promoting the dissemination of works bywomen artists on the brink between net_art, sound art and audio documentary. With the moniker APRES SOON she is working on a new solo album: a blend of drones and field recordings, electronics, voices and string instruments. B. is currently working at Quasi.Memory: a sound installation which uses rediscovered private memories [old photographs, letters from strangers, sounds of objects no longer in use, semi-forgotten nursery rhymes, etc.].
Some audio and visual artists she has recently collaborated with include Leonardo Rosado; Mark Walters aka Savaran; Marco Messina; Mathias Van Eecloo aka Monolyth & Cobalt; Enrico Coniglio; Elio Martusciello, Airchamber 3; Roland Quelven; Andrea Serrapiglio; Ginetta Corelli; Nicolas Bernier; Davide Lonardi; Andrea Ics Ferraris. In 2012 she became a member of AIPS (ITALIAN SOUNDSCAPES ARCHIVE)
(Audio-sketches are part of an ongoing sound/assemblage documenting Naples and New York. These files are raw material for “A Tale of two Cities”)
Sounds have been gathered in New York and Naples along the imaginary 41° parallel. How a sound alters our perception of temporality and spatiality and accomodate the unexpected?
Recorded with MD Sony, Zoom digital recorder with a stereo microphone and in-ear binaural condenser mics.
A few songs of my solo production/album Anti-Gone
A few tracks written and/or performed as a collaboration with other artists