- 1. 01 Open Your Eyes 2.54 3912 plays
- 2. 02 Worldwide (ft. Robert Dante) 2.58 844 plays
- 3. 03 Intelligent Hip-Hop (ft. Aryeh Raber) 4.06 631 plays
- 4. 04 Classic 2.29 472 plays
- 5. 05 A Toast (ft. Lani Steze) 3.28 549 plays
- 6. 06 Champagne (ft. Dwayne Tucker) 3.01 545 plays
- 7. 07 Vanilla 3.20 2648 plays
- 8. 08 The Girl from Yesterday (ft. Robert Dante) 3.29 3996 plays
- 9. 09 Live On (ft. Eva Ramos) 4.20 1024 plays
- 10. 10 Summer in Brazil (ft. Celeste) 3.41 3042 plays
- 11. 11 Me & You (ft. Robert Dante) 2.32 1060 plays
- 12. 12 Chief Rocka 2.28 400 plays
- 13. 13 The Fresh Prince of Zambia 2.54 1209 plays
- 14. 14 Icon 3.09 333 plays
- 15. 15 Dreams of Grandeur 3.54 409 plays
Born in the far away land of Zambia, life has taken this young phenomenon around the world. A self-declared ‘rolling stone’, Chanda has lived in Zambia, Spain and the United States, with many, many other travels in between. His journey with music began at a young age, with the classic album Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg. Later, Chanda would become enthralled with East Coast legends, including Nas, who would become his favorite MC. At the callow age of nine, Chanda decided that he could rap too and he began penning his first verses. Many rhyme books later, Chanda has now arrived.
Chanda’s time in Spain immersed him further into hip-hop culture teaching him about the elements, including breakdancing, graffiti and freestyling. It was here in Spain that Chanda first recorded in a professional music studio, first performed live shows and first released multiple mixtapes. As part of the Spanish/English bi-lingual duo Uny2 (pronounced ‘unidos’), Chanda Mbao learned what it meant to connect with the audience. Chanda fuses different styles of hip-hop and focuses on using witty punchlines and wordplay to keep his listeners entertained. For every layer of meaning you think you uncover, look further because Chanda aims for lyrical depth beyond the norm.
The next voyage took the teenage Mbao to Miami where he would attend the University of Miami to study Economics and International Studies. With these two majors, as well as minors in Mathematics and Foreign Languages, the stress of school, internships and extra-curricular activities seemed to take Chanda away from music but this hiatus was an important period in helping Chanda formulate the right plan of attack.
Now, in 2013, Chanda is bringing you 'Desiderata', his first full mixtape. Launched on The Music Ninja on May 31st, the young MCs birthday, he is looking forward to riding with you all on this epic journey.