- 1. Cero39 - Me encontré a Nicomedes en Paris 3.46 587 plays
- 2. Cero39 - Vamos 4.51 498 plays
- 3. Cero39 - Estate cumbia 3.16 933 plays
- 4. Cero39 - Me perdi amigo 3.50 443 plays
- 5. Cero39 - Paseo 3.21 801 plays
- 6. Cero39 - Bye bye 4.31 646 plays
- 7. Cero39 - Capo 3.45 979 plays
- 8. Cero39 - Plástico 3.19 511 plays
- 9. Cero39 - El Viaje 3.20 447 plays
- 10. Cero39 - N.a.s.a 3.03 433 plays
- 11. Cero39 - Corozo 6.01 447 plays
- 12. Cero39 - Junto al mar 2.52 547 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Cero39 is a musical-visual collective that brings together different points from different regions in Colombia, mixing coastal and inland musical influences into a juicy concoction. Formed in 2007 and based in Bogotá, Cero39 is lead by researcher and composer –traveller and jolly soul– Mauricio Alvarez, who after having collected music from all along the Magdalena River for more than a year, ends his journey in Barranquilla, city of inspiration and axis of Cero39 ́s beginnings. Mauricio, also known as Fredo, leads on guitars and machines with twin brothers Boris and Juan Ramón Ríos on bass and drums.
Yet, traditional Colombian melodies and instruments are only one side of Cero39 ́s identity. Cero39 is well known in the dance floors as a futurist artist who is not afraid to take risks with his music by using advanced effects in uncommon ways or mixing novel electronic tendencies with fun lyrics that reflect Colombian everyday life.
Móntate En El Viaje was officially released on July 5th with a party that had Bogotá ́s cold nights wanting for the tropics in company of artists such as Henry Ortíz (Radio Cumbia) on the accordion and a guest DJ set by Richard Blair (Sidestepper). The album is now available in Colombia ́s major record stores and in all major digital stores worldwide.
Cero39 is taking the lead as one of Colombia ́s most inteteresting and avant-garde acts in a continental scene that has revolutionized cumbia by mixing traditional melodies and rhythms with contemporary tools and ideas.