- 1. Broken Harbour - Drift 8.00 140 plays
- 2. Broken Harbour - The Ballad of Dave Bowman pt.1 6.57 162 plays
- 3. Broken Harbour - The Ballad of Dave Bowman pt.2 7.28 111 plays
- 4. Broken Harbour - Titan 5.42 613 plays
- 5. Broken Harbour - Dark Clouds Approaching From The West 12.00 169 plays
- 6. Broken Harbour - Maelstrom 16.26 89 plays
- 7. Broken Harbour - Unforseen Consequences 8.16 89 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Mix an unnatural obsession with 2001: A Space Odyssey and a need to communicate without resorting to words and you find yourself in the aural spaces created by Broken Harbour. Canadian musician Blake Gibson takes his sounds from sources as diverse as worn-out cassette tapes, scratchy CDs, vast synthesizer constructs and mellotrons, then filters them through influences ranging from Debussy and Holst to vidnaObmana and Stars of the Lid. The outcome is a new sound unfettered by convention or expectation, interested only in the purity of expression. "It's not really a choice or a decision to create," Gibson says. "The music has to come through. You just have to be listening." Listen to Broken Harbour. It's time.
-John Shanahan, Sept 2011