boe recordings is a vibrant label from the heart of East London. Founded in 2007, Boe focuses on releasing modern underground house influenced by Detroit, New York and Chicago.
+++++++++++++++DEMOS DEMOS DEMOS++++++++++++++++++++++++
If you are interested in submitting some demo material to boe recordings for consideration for release on the label then please fully read the statement below.
Thank you for taking the time to read this statement, by doing so you have already made more effort than a large percentage of the people who have submitted demos to me in the past. This statement is not a rant; it is a means of conveying the label’s way of working to ensure that the whole A&R process between artist and label is a transparent and efficient one.
1. If you either know me personally, have worked with me on the label or have had previous positive feedback and good communication then you don’t need to read the following, either message me through my contact details or go through the process that you already understand
2. Please take the time to listen to the music on the label currently and digest what the label is all about and the style & quality of music that the artists have contributed. If you haven’t and you’re reading this right now then stop what you are doing and approach another label
3. If you are sending demos for the first time then there are no exceptions to this process
a. I only listen to music sent to my dropbox. No exceptions. Messages with download links or even soundcloud page links are ignored. See point 4 below for reasons why
b. Please share with me individually. My dropbox settings ignore tracks sent to many people. Your music will get missed otherwise
c. Please do not send me a single track. There is very little I can garnish about an artist from one single track. If you write a CV for an employer to you just tell them about a single previous job? No, the more the better in my opinion. I will listen to single track but there’s only so much I can do with it
d. Tell me about yourself. The more the better. Who are your influences? Why do you like boe? Etc… It’s your demo so make it count
e. I listen to everything in my dropbox and I will promise to reply unless it is obvious that you have clearly not successfully applied point 2
4. I have a full time job, and have a real life to attend to. I work hard. I work hard, on my own to keep this label afloat and I simply do not have the spare time to give demos their due attention every hour of every day. I employ the following process to ensure that I can give your demos justice and respect!
a. I receive demos in my soundcloud dropbox and listen to each one in turn at a set period on one night during my week. Sometimes I don’t get to do this every week. Please be patient and if you’ve come through the right route following this process please send me a message on facebook or email to give me a nudge. I won’t mind at all, in fact I’ll probably apologise for being slack
b.If I do not reply then there’s a good chance that I’ve been mega busy and I apologise. If it’s clear that you have not successfully applied point 2 then you probably won’t ever get a reply
c. If I reply with “sorry no thanks” or words to that effect, you’re a bit too far away for the label sound-wise and it’s probably best you try other labels that fit your sound. Best of luck
d. If I reply with some constructive feedback then please keep at it. You’re doing things in the right way and making music that I like, perhaps not just quite right now but keep going
e. Anything better than that then of course it goes without saying, you’re talented and I love what you are doing. Fingers crossed we will work together soon!
5. If you disagree with the process, any points above or still want to submit demos through another mechanism then please find another label
6. Thanks again for taking the time to read this statement