Set List City Winery - 2011 Summer Residency NYC 2 tracks, 10.16 Bebel Gilberto on August 10, 2011 20:18
- 1. Quando Ela Samba/Falsa Baiana/Mais Um Milagre - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues 4.59 21565 plays
- Go to track Que Samba Bom/Até Quarta-Feira/Boca Rica/Vai, Que Depois Eu Vou - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues2. Que Samba Bom/Até Quarta-Feira/Boca Rica/Vai, Que Depois Eu Vou - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues 5.48 15054 plays
- 3. Joujoux et balagandans - Miúcha & Bebel Gilberto 2.39 9782 plays
- 4. Escurinha/Escurinho - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues 4.22 8352 plays
- 5. Chega de Saudade - João Gilberto & Bebel Gilberto 3.45 80579 plays
- Go to track Minha Companheira (Mulher Fiel) /Liberta Meu Coração - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues6. Minha Companheira (Mulher Fiel) /Liberta Meu Coração - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues 4.38 11021 plays
- Go to track Você Está Sumindo/Bolinha de Papel/Pisei Num Despacho/Acertei No Milhar - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues7. Você Está Sumindo/Bolinha de Papel/Pisei Num Despacho/Acertei No Milhar - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues 6.14 11473 plays
- Go to track Sem Compromisso/Acabou A Sopa/Chegou A Bonitona/Até Hoje Não Voltou/Resignação - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues8. Sem Compromisso/Acabou A Sopa/Chegou A Bonitona/Até Hoje Não Voltou/Resignação - Bebel Gilberto & Pedrinho Rodrigues 6.42 17125 plays
- 9. Rio 42º - Chico Buarque & Bebel Gilberto 2.48 24151 plays
- 10. Scene At The Open Air Market - Thievery Corporation & Bebel Gilberto 2.36 23074 plays
- 11. Só com Você - Thievery Corporation & Bebel Gilberto 2.45 44178 plays
- 12. The View From Her Room - Kyoto Jazz Massive & Bebel Gilberto 8.25 18011 plays
- 1. A Mais Bonita - (Chico Buarque) by Bebel Gilberto 3.34 24850 plays
- 2. Scene At The Open Air Market - Thievery Corporation & Bebel Gilberto 2.36 7933 plays
- 3. Só com Você - Thievery Corporation & Bebel Gilberto 2.45 35479 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Bebel Gilberto (born Isabel Gilberto de Oliveira on May 12, 1966 in New York City) is a Brazilian popular singer often associated with bossa nova. She is the daughter of João Gilberto and singer Miúcha. Her uncle is singer/composer Chico Buarque. Gilberto has been performing since her youth in Rio de Janeiro.
Bebel's debut song was, as expected, precocious. At the tender age of nine, Bebel had already performed at Carnegie Hall with her mother and Stan Getz, and had previously participated in the musicals Pirlimpimpim and Saltimbancos with her mother and her uncle Chico Buarque.
Her professional solo debut came in 1986 with a self-titled EP released by WEA which included "Preciso dizer que te amo," a partnership with Cazuza, Dé, when both were in the Barão Vermelho band. In 1991, the daughter of Gilberto and Miúcha traded Ipanema, where she grew up, for Manhattan, where she was born. Bebel continues to live in New York City, but shares her time between the U.S. and Brazil.
Bebel was a great friend of Cazuza and she composed several songs with him in addition to "Eu preciso dizer que te amo," including "Amigos de Bar," "Mais Feliz" and "Mulher sem Razão."
Bebel next participated in the project Red, Hot + AIDS, joining major music stars such as Everything but the Girl, Maxwell, George Michael and others for the benefit CD recording. She also collaborated on the CD of Japanese producer Towa Tei Future Listening, singing on the hits "Technova" and "Batucada" and also participated in the project Peeping Tom Mike Patton (former lead singer of Faith No More), singing "Caipirinha."
With the release of 'Tanto Tempo' in 2000, Bebel concocted her trademark electronic bossa nova, which took over clubs around the world and positioned Bebel as one of the top-selling Brazilian artists in the U.S. since the '60s. With her second album, 'Bebel Gilberto' (2004), she refined her sound to create an acoustic lounge style that showcased her strengths as a Brazilian composer.
With Momento (2007), her third album in seven years, she wanted to do a fusion of both. Mixing the taste of Rio 'Orchestra Imperial' with the melting pot of New York's Brazilian Girls, and following the direction of the English producer Guy Sigsworth (Madonna's partner in "What It Feels Like for a Girl"), Momento reaffirms the international character of Bebel.
All in One, which was released worldwide on September 29, 2009 on the famous American jazz label Verve, was released in Brazil by Universal Music. It is the least electronic-infused of her albums, it also brings to the forefront more of Bebel's personality and love for organic styles.
To forge a mature serenity on 'All in One,' Bebel had a super team of producers including Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen), John King (Dust Brothers, Beck), Daniel Jobim, Carlinhos Brown, Didi Gutman (Brazilian Girls) and Mario Caldato Jr (Beastie Boys, Bjork, Jack Johnson).
Since the launch of 'Tanto Tempo' in 2000, it has sold over 2.5 million records and has been featured on seven film soundtracks (including "Next Stop Wonderland," "Bubble," "Closer" and most recently 2010's "Eat Pray Love") and seven TV series (Sex and the City, Six Feet Under, Nip/Tuck ...).
Um Certo Geraldo Pereira, Funarte (with Pedrinho Rodrigues) (1983, Atracao)
De Tarde, Vendo O Mar (with Luizão Maia & Banzai) (1991)
Tanto Tempo (2000) Ziriguiboom
Bebel Gilberto (2004) Ziriguiboom
Momento (2007) Ziriguiboom
All in One (2009) Verve Records
Tanto Tempo Remixes (2001) Ziriguiboom
Tanto Tempo (Special Remix Edition) (2003) EastWest Records
Bebel Gilberto Remixed (2005) Ziriguiboom
Bebel Gilberto (EP) (1986) Warner Jazz
Bring Back The Love — Remixes EP 1 (2007) [digital-only]
Bring Back The Love — Remixes EP 2 (2007) [digital-only]
Live Session (iTunes Exclusive) - EP (2008) [digital-only]