- 1. The Doors - When The Music's Over (Antenna Happy Lights Out Edit) by Antenna Happy 6.50 2215 plays
- 2. Woman From The Ghetto (Antenna Happy Edit) - Marlena Shaw by AOR DISCO 7.49 4196 plays
- 3. Billy Paul - East (Antenna Happy Edit) by Antenna Happy 10.58 332 plays
- 4. Fleetmac Wood - Black Magic Woman (Antenna Happy Edit) by Antenna Happy 6.30 732 plays
- 5. Fleetmac Wood - The Chain (Antenna Happy Acid Pit Stop) by Antenna Happy 6.45 254 plays
Electronic music made in Brighton, UK.
In a religious education class at a Wolverhampton school in the late 80s, Nathan Pope got his first taste of techno and house. Listening on a walkman at the back of the class to tracks by Juan Atkins and Kevin Saunderson, his musical world exploded and so began his life-long love affair with both types of music.
Continuing his religious education at clubs and raves in the West Midlands and the North of England, this love was cemented and he dreamed of writing and playing the only music that has ever really made any sense to him.
He moved to Bristol in 1991, started DJing whilst at college, co-founded a midweek club night called Flybaby, released a couple of singles with his mates, and became a resident DJ on Saturday nights at Lakota.
By the mid-nineties the cult of the superstar DJ had finally taken hold everywhere in the UK, and, disillusioned, he turned his back on it all and pursued a career in acting (his second love), and then software design, and even had a shot at stand-up comedy before the music sucked him back in. It sounded amazing again, a new generation had pushed it forwards and he wanted to be a part of it once more.
The birth of his daughter, now three, was the inspiration he needed and he started again. Intense, weekend-long studio sessions in Brighton sandwiched between parenting and the day-job, have given birth to his latest project, Antenna Happy.
Both types of music: house and techno. Or something in between.
Antenna Happy’s debut EP, Pinto, is out soon on new imprint Reinhardt Records: http://reinhardtrecords.bandcamp.com/releases
Management / Press / Bookings:
Alex Oxley / Reinhardt Records (email@example.com)