- 1. Get Khaan by Ancient Astronauts 4.48 3164 plays
- 2. Original Sensi by Ancient Astronauts 4.10 3396 plays
- 3. Anti Pop Song (Timewarp Inc Remix) by Ancient Astronauts 5.08 3547 plays
- 4. Kabanjak Ketama Dub by kabanjak 5.17 2129 plays
- 5. Ancient Astronauts - Flutter by butterfly by Pedigree Cuts 2.23 1494 plays
- 6. Kabanjak - Mojo hand by Pedigree Cuts 2.27 1475 plays
- 7. Kabanjak - How far is nowhere by Pedigree Cuts 3.19 930 plays
- 8. Protassov - Cotton by Pedigree Cuts 2.02 1480 plays
- 9. Ancient Astronauts - Leave it alone by Pedigree Cuts 4.21 1748 plays
- 10. Ancient Astronauts - Bitter sweets by Pedigree Cuts 2.00 1419 plays
- 11. Ancient Astronauts - Ape tactics by Pedigree Cuts 2.26 1262 plays
- 12. Give It To You feat. Monsoon (Ancient Astronauts´ Tuffist Mix) by Ancient Astronauts 4.35 1942 plays
- 13. Neva Stop Riddim_premaster by Ancient Astronauts 4.33 1527 plays
- 14. Smokehead (Come On Wit Da Git Down) by Ancient Astronauts 5.40 1657 plays
- 15. Break My Heart In 2 by Ancient Astronauts 3.57 145624 plays
- 16. Ancient Astronauts - Worldwide by Switchstance Recordings 4.07 11642 plays
- Ancient Astronauts homepage
- ESL Music profile
- Switchstance profile
The Ancient Astronauts are Kabanjak and Dogu, a bombastic production and DJ duo hailing from Cologne, Germany. The phenomenon of “ancient astronauts, “a belief that extraterrestrial beings visited Earth in ancient times to mingle and trade ideas with early human civilizations”, isn’t an alien concept to these Ancient Astronauts. The cross-pollination and mash-up of ideas, sounds, styles, and a collaborative spirit are their modus operandi.
Already having remixed and collaborated with Fort Knox Five, Ladybug Mecca of Digable Planets, Zion I, Imani and Bootie Brown of The Pharcyde, Issa Bagayogo, Vieux Farka Toure, Kid Loco, Zion Train, and Tippa Irie the Ancient Astronauts have linked up with a variety of new sonic collaborators for their kaleidoscopic sophomore album Into Bass And Time!
Self described as a “mash up of the distant past and far future”; Ancient Astronauts have created an album born out of an eclectic mix of ideas, sounds and styles. Enlisting the talents of a variety of diverse MCs and vocalists, the album demonstrates impressive progress from their debut.
Although born in Germany, the long-time friends are quick to admit that they are not followers of the German music scene, Kabanjak notes, “for us music is and will always be an international phenomena”, and Ancient Astronauts are certainly not afraid to draw on influences from international artists and styles. By utilising their vintage-meets-future aesthetic, the duo has created an album infused with beats that defy any rigid classifications.
“At an early stage we realised that we are both big music heads so we started running parties in our hometown together”. Those parties soon led to music productions and a whole list of inspirational remixes. Following on from these early experimentations, 2001 saw the Ancient Astronauts begin Switchstance Recordings. Developed as a way of allowing the Astronauts total musical freedom, the label soon gathered momentum and built up an impressive fan base including the likes of veteran DJ Mr Scruff. Switchstance Recordings is now famous in international club circles for its infused, funky productions.
With influences ranging from Iggy Pop to Sigur Ross, Ancient Astronauts have come a long way since their early collaborative days. 2011 not only welcomes the tenth anniversary of the duo’s record label, it also welcomes an album that demonstrates the Astronauts’ undeniable potential for future ventures.