- 1. Howl Griff - You Don't Have To Leave On Your Own 4.00 280 plays
- 2. Howl Griff - Fragile Diamond 3.13 144 plays
- 3. Howl Griff - Sharkfins In The Sky 2.55 94 plays
- 4. Howl Griff - Radio Revolution 3.06 74 plays
- 5. Howl Griff - Runaround 2.58 61 plays
- 6. Howl Griff - Meet My Maker 5.19 68 plays
- 7. Howl Griff - Puppet Operation Time 4.09 48 plays
- 8. Howl Griff - She Walks On By The Flame 3.26 52 plays
- 9. Howl Griff - Rose of Emily 3.42 49 plays
- 10. Howl Griff - FÜßßBÜKKËR 3.17 39 plays
- 11. Howl Griff - International Dateline 3.18 50 plays
- 12. Howl Griff - Everything 6.03 39 plays
More sets by AltPR (14)
Anglo-Welsh-American psychedelic rockers Howl Griff release their third full album, Fragile Diamond, on 15 October, 2012.
Following their critically-acclaimed eponymous Welsh language debut (which Clash magazine called the work of a “Welsh Brian Wilson”) and English language LP The Hum – which yielded much coverage on BBC 6Music including an MPFree of the Day, a BBC Radio Wales Single of the Week and being hailed as “bloody lush” by Lauren Laverne – the band have taken another major step forward.
Lead single Fragile Diamond sees the band swinging melodically through a song that examines the fragility of life against a backdrop drenched in lush three-part harmonies. With lyrics inspired by a family member’s miracle baby, it has already been listed as a BBC Radio Wales Single of the Week.
Elsewhere, there’s the epic Meet My Maker (based on singer Griff’s experiences of going blind while driving down the fast lane of the M4), the blistering riff-based 70s rock of She Walks On By The Flame, thumping disco beats of Sharkfins In The Sky (with more real-life lyrics, this time about a murder at an ice rink underneath the band’s studio) and "maritime cowboy" anthem Rose of Emily (must be the influence of the Texan bass player). More track info and lyrics can be found at www.howlgriff.com
Recorded at The Fold in South-East London, Fragile Diamond was produced by Howl Griff and engineered/ mixed by Ollie Couling & Gareth Cobb. It will be available on Howl Griff’s Bandcamp site and most digital outlets including iTunes.
Howl Griff are:
- Howl Griff, lead vocals and guitar
- Gary Parkinson, guitar and backing vocals
- Steve Kennedy, bass and backing vocals
- Nick Moore, drums and percussion