Stats for this track
In 15 Sets
- 27 Tracks, 41.13.47
- 6 Tracks, 5.25.20
- 3 Tracks, 3.01.14
- 23 Tracks, 26.32.21
- 70 Tracks, 98.19.19
Tom Bonaty - Addicted Podcast #23 (Between Lines)
This year’s final episode comes from Prologue’s mastermind Tom Bonaty. Both Tom and his label have become somewhat iconic for the type of techno music they’re representing: deep, repetitive, hypnotic. The mix he has recorded for us shows the same attitude, with his signature sound flowing through the speakers (don’t forget to bring good ones, by the way).
- Prologue, the label you’re running together with your partner Michael Kranawetter, is synonymous with all things deep and hypnotic when it comes to modern techno music. Tell us how it all started. What were your incentives for launching Prologue after taking a break with your previous label Treibsand?
- Simply my personal passion for Music. I was looking for something I can contribute to the music scene with in order to support good music. A label like Prologue gives me these opportunities and in the end you are creating an image or brand for a specific genre. I am very happy about Prologue and the image behind it. But it has been massive work the last 5 years.
- You have a close connection to a bunch of Italian artists, with the likes of Donato Dozzy, Claudio PRC, Dino Sabatini and Neel representing what Prologue is best known for. How did you get in touch with them? What was it that brought your attention to these guys in the first place?
- They are all together great artists with the same big passion for music. We started with Dino and no surprise after a while we got more and more connections between the Italian community. The network for that kind of music we love so much is not as big as it seems, even in Italy everybody knows each other. Except Claudio, he was not involved as much in this Italian network in the beginning, we (Cio D´Or and me) just recognized him as well as one of those young Italian diamonds and Prologue started to support him and his music. But it’s not just about Italians. Cassegrain, Iori, Mike Parker, Brendon Moeller, Milton Bradley, Cio D´Or… All these artists shaped the image of Prologue. In the meantime we have a massive good community with different directions and styles. That’s how a label should look like. And we keep our eyes always open because I also love to give newcomers a chance to release on Prologue. Lena Deen, Notfromearth or the new EP with Etapp Kyle, Artefakt and Mod21 is an excellent example for that. Further we are very happy to have soon Edit Select with a complete album on Prologue. So highly established producers like Tony Scott trusting in us.
- Is it kind of funny that, despite having been a DJ for 20+ years and running a well-recognized label, you still don’t put out your own music. Neither does Michael. Do you reckon this will ever happen? Are you willing to do so?
- I get this question pretty often. Say never “No” but at the moment I can’t imagine to produce music. I simply have no time for this. Prologue is a shocking hobby as I always say and I have a regular job as well which takes a lot of time. In a first step I have to manage the label and the bookings in my leisure. With all the work behind a label I don’t see any chance to produce music. And my claim on my own is very high and I guess I need to invest massive time to get an own EP on Prologue. Same with DJing. I don’t want to play regular as a DJ. It’s not my intention to be a professional DJ. Just if I personally feel that could be fun, than I do it.
- Our friend and fellow Ukrainian Etapp Kyle has recently joined Prologue booking agency. I’m sure this partnership won’t be limited to bookings only. Is there anything else the world has to know about?
- Yes he is a great artist and a nice guy. Unfortunately, I haven’t met him personally yet but pretty sure I will soon. There will be a first VA EP January 2014 with Etapp. PRG034 - V.A. Prologue Portefeuille 3 - Etapp Kyle / Mod21 / Artefakt by Prologue He made a really great track. So a good start and yes we would be happy to support Etapp in the future as well.
- Tell us more about your mix for Addicted podcast. What’s the idea behind it?
- Honestly, there is no idea behind it... Just tracks I really like, just tracks that fit perfectly together in order to start a journey. A mix should be always a journey. That is the only idea. Hopefully it is :-)